My senegal bichir just jump from 2nd to 1st floor (13ft)

Stejo

Feeder Fish
Oct 3, 2022
So... my 7 inch senegal bichir just jump from the 2nd floor to the 1st floor of my house (13ft). I was trying to feed my bichir with a goldfish. after my senegal get the goldfish in its mouth, its just suddenly jump and slip through my house railing straight to the 1st floor. Then i rushed to get my fish. Im shocked that my senegal is alive and looks just fine. It also swim normally and can reach the surface to get some air. But, im really worried about my fish and i dont know what to do. Can somebody tell me how to check if my fish just doing fine or i need to do something that help my fish recovery? Thx.

Sorry for my bad English :)

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
Pictures would help.

I dont recommend feeding goldifsh, since there is a big chance that they have parasites, diseases, etc.

Reactions: clm08k

Stejo

Feeder Fish
Oct 3, 2022
Pictures would help.

I dont recommend feeding goldifsh, since there is a big chance that they have parasites, diseases, etc.
heres some picture of the fish that jumped out.

Thx for your advice btw

S__20406295.jpgS__20406297.jpg
S__20406298.jpg

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
he looks great. If there are no red dots (blood) on the belly from internal injuries, then i think he's fine. The tank does look a bit small for a bichir if i may say so.

Reactions: clm08k and tlindsey

Stejo

Feeder Fish
Oct 3, 2022
he looks great. If there are no red dots (blood) on the belly from internal injuries, then i think he's fine. The tank does look a bit small for a bichir if i may say so.
"he looks great. If there are no red dots (blood) on the belly from internal injuries, then i think he's fine."
  • does the red dot only show up on the bottomside of the fish, or it can be anywhere around its body(especially belly)?
  • and one more question ... should i feed my fish everyday as usual, or should i give it a break until it fully recover?
"The tank does look a bit small for a bichir if i may say so."
  • yess im agree with you, i will upgrade my tank soon.
thx

• Love
Reactions: neko1 and tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
"he looks great. If there are no red dots (blood) on the belly from internal injuries, then i think he's fine."
  • does the red dot only show up on the bottomside of the fish, or it can be anywhere around its body(especially belly)?
  • and one more question ... should i feed my fish everyday as usual, or should i give it a break until it fully recover?
thx
Welcome aboard

Reactions: Stejo and kno4te

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
thx
with red dots i mean internal bleeding. Could be anywhere but it mostly appears on the belly bellow.
I feed my bichirs every 2 days.

Reactions: clm08k and Stejo
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store