My Shark Finally Hatched!(lots of pics)

ajbassmaster

Candiru
MFK Member
May 19, 2008
Erie, Pa
Envy, congrats and good luck I have always wanted a shark but cant house them yet plus im just starting SW. Hope she starts eating soon. Dont know if it was mentioned yet, but how big is she and how fast do they grow?

aloys

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2009
Syracuse
jakezori;3948171; said:
where id u get the egg?!

SSSSOOOOOO RRRAAADDDDD!!!
^^^ and how much was it?

Beautiful fish, and cool pics!!

What is the max size of a shark like that? Is it going to need a 1,000++ gallon aquarium to be happy as an adult? (I obv. know very little about saltwater fish/sharks)

Bharmath

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Ohio
I have a Male Banded, you can tell if there is a penis like member under the anal fins. There will be 2 small spikes.
Yours is looking great! Try feeding her silversides.

dpk2313

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2009
ohio
Awesome thread

Does anyone know what the probability of a shark egg hatching in an aquarium is?

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
it won't eat for a few days up to one week i believe and when it does try squid. the species you have will need up to a five hundred it can grow to be forty inches long but won't grow too thick.

kntrygrl4lyfe

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2007
Pensacola, fl
Yeah clasper fins right? I don't see any. That's what made me think girl, but wasn't sure if you could tell this soon. She is about 6" right now. I bought the egg at petland for 39. The first one I got didn't make it. When the guy bagged him he took it out of the water and a lot of air got in the egg.

fishy12

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
ohio
Thats AWSOME!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store