My spotted gar has red marks. Any ideas what it could be?

bio902

Feeder Fish
Apr 19, 2017
I've noticed my spotted gar has red marks on his left side in 2 places. Can't tell for sure but doesn't appear the skin is broken. Thought originally it was just from bumping into decorations but it I'm worried that it could be something else like a fungus or parasite. I apologize for the quality of my camera its awful, but could anyone lend any advice? Its in a 60 g tank with a bichir and tire track eel. No signs of aggression so I doubt its that. IMG_20170530_135224.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Would suspect bumping into the heater a possibility even though I have no idea where ur heater is at. Keep the water clean and some salt. Don't see much on the pic so keep an eye out for any changes.

bio902

Feeder Fish
Apr 19, 2017
Would suspect bumping into the heater a possibility even though I have no idea where ur heater is at. Keep the water clean and some salt. Don't see much on the pic so keep an eye out for any changes.
Yeah I initially suspected it was from bumping into something so I took out a few decorations that had rougher edges, leaving just enough hides for the tank mates. Thanks for the reply

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store