My tank has finally arrived

professor_rob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Awesome tank.
I would love to see a clown knife fish in there, awesome tank.
Your tank is amazing! I love it when monster fish look small in large tanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
that is amazing .. simply amazing
What happened to the cuckoo catfish? There my favorites :)

Thanks guys and girls (maybe)

The temp here in QLD has been so hot recently, and the sump pump is pretty hot, so the tank water got to about 33-34 degrees (over 90f) a few times. I lost a few loaches which was sad. Have not had much time to focus on the tank apart from regular maintenance, havent even got any new fish. Think I will need to get a flagtail though, to help with the algae that grows on the glass.

Am thinking about changing the aquascape a little, but not settled on a plan yet. Also I want to change the sump pump to a Tunez silence pro. I think they can be run out of water and are very efficient, and hopefully wont run as hot as my current pump.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
Thanks guys and girls (maybe)

The temp here in QLD has been so hot recently, and the sump pump is pretty hot, so the tank water got to about 33-34 degrees (over 90f) a few times. I lost a few loaches which was sad. Have not had much time to focus on the tank apart from regular maintenance, havent even got any new fish. Think I will need to get a flagtail though, to help with the algae that grows on the glass.

Am thinking about changing the aquascape a little, but not settled on a plan yet. Also I want to change the sump pump to a Tunez silence pro. I think they can be run out of water and are very efficient, and hopefully wont run as hot as my current pump.
I have the same problem here in Phoenix Arizona during the summer. Definitely get an external pump to keep the heat transfer out of the water. I also leave the lids open as much as possible and on really bad days I set up a fan to blow across the aquariums surface. I live in a very dry climate; evaporation type cooling is very effective here.

professor_rob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
dam that pearsei is amazing, One of mine better end up looking that good.

you should look at wave line pumps.
Thanks.
Don't know much about the wave line pumps, will read up on them as they seem very efficient.

Ayonymous

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
Johor, Malaysia
Hello, a big update on the tank. I have finally moved back into the house. I have started stocking the tank. I think this will be pretty much my final stock list, I am waiting for my 2 L168's and peacock bass grow big enough to hop into the tank. Also still cant decide if I want my Pearsei to go into the tank. He is awesome looking, but might pick on other fish, and it would be so hard to get him out if he becomes a bully.
The tank stocklist now include
1x NTT
1x QLD Lungfish
3x Tinfoil Barbs
1x Lemon Barb
6x Clown Loaches
3x Cuckoo Catfish
3x Bala Sharks

Here are some pics i finally manage to find the time to take. The tank is looking awesome, well worth it no matter how much it is making me broke:cry:
Not the best photographer and the guys never stay still.

View attachment 691354

View attachment 691372

View attachment 691371

View attachment 691359

View attachment 691356

View attachment 691350

View attachment 691352

View attachment 691357

View attachment 691369

View attachment 691365

View attachment 691358

View attachment 691366

View attachment 691353

View attachment 691373

View attachment 691364

View attachment 691362

View attachment 691367

View attachment 691368

View attachment 691370

View attachment 691351

View attachment 691355

View attachment 691363

View attachment 691361

I am loving the cuckoo cats, they are very active, and look good on the black quartz.
My lungfish is the most laziest fish I have seen, he never moves. Hope he gets more active. I have to drop food on his head for him to eat.

so jelous of the juvenile lung..it's super rare here in my country..congratz to you..amazing job..my dream tank..

Amber n The Boss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2014
Toledo, Ohio
Can't wait to see this finished! How amazing your set up looks already. I love how you've utilized the space for you tank so you can see it from the main parts of your home!

professor_rob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Can't wait to see this finished! How amazing your set up looks already. I love how you've utilized the space for you tank so you can see it from the main parts of your home!
Thanks. Everyone who comes over loves how the tank can be seen from many parts of house and also it is nice to see as first thing to see when walking in. The tank is pretty much finished, all I do is just tinker with filtration and other parts. I am sure we all do. Always looking for improvements.

Zapantha and Khapham I had to get rid of the AUL, but am looking to get another one later in the year. Tank is not the same to me without one.

Thanks guys will post an update soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store