My tank has finally arrived

professor_rob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Inglorious;5119269; said:
Love the tank, why'd you decide to go with that shape instead of the standard rectangle-I'd be a little concerned about the corners being able to handle the stress
If you look at the second last picture, through the tank on the left side, you will see a hallway. Basically the shape decision was down to space restrictions. I had to squeeze it in between the doorway and where I wanted the back room to be, so with this shape it opens up into the large open plan living area. The shape has grown on me, and it looks really good how it sits in the house.
When I post updates I will try and show the hallway better so it is easier to see why the shape is the way it is. The architect and interior designers all say, 'oh good decision, it is modern looking and what not', but I was like 'I just want the biggest tank that I could fit in the space!!' :D

bunzplayer;5119301; said:
Very nic set-up. Love the little guy on the bottom..............is it a Gold Datnoid ?
He is a thinbar / NTT not sure if that is a gold datnoid, he is my first and I am a datnoid novice!!

DMD123;5120023; said:
That is an awesome tank!

I like the choice of the Pearsei, he will get massive in that tank.
Thanks, the pearsei is a real fatty at the moment, lucky my girlfriend really loves him so is looking forward to the tank being completed to see him in there.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
nice tank, is the dimension 3m x 1.2m x 0.9M (LxWxH)?

DaxD

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2009
New Ringgold, Pa.
Beautiful!! Good luck and please post more photos when your finished!

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
professor_rob;5120294; said:
If you look at the second last picture, through the tank on the left side, you will see a hallway. Basically the shape decision was down to space restrictions. I had to squeeze it in between the doorway and where I wanted the back room to be, so with this shape it opens up into the large open plan living area. The shape has grown on me, and it looks really good how it sits in the house.
When I post updates I will try and show the hallway better so it is easier to see why the shape is the way it is. The architect and interior designers all say, 'oh good decision, it is modern looking and what not', but I was like 'I just want the biggest tank that I could fit in the space!!' :D
now I understand what shape it is, men that a weird shape but still beautiful!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store