MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
Winning...... Too soon? J/K.... Great to see your home back on.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Nice to see you went for the repair...thats the beauty of acrylic tanks..I strongly suggest repairing it with weld on #40 if you did not while you have the tank empty. You can put it right over the #4 or #16 if thats what you used. #40 is the glue aquarium manufactures use and it is far superior to #4 or #16. It is a 2 part epoxy and you can build up a bigger seam on the inside where the leak was giving you a better bonding area for the future.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
IMO that tanks needs a total refurb of #40 on every seam. Any used acrylic tank i purchace gets refurbished before i set it up. I tilt the tanks and reinforce one seam at a time up to 1" thick with #40. If your lucky enough to own a tank that comes like this you will understand what im talking about more, this is how i learned. Took me a couple years to find the right stuff. It looks like silicone but completly clear and alot stronger than a bond with #4 or #16. Just a thought, if one seam leaked, chances are it will happen again. Why not stop it permanetly? There is a huge misconception on this forum about weld-on #4 and #16 being the best glue for repairs. It will get you by in a pinch, but in long term cases it just doesnt hold up. Its not meant for the pressures of our tanks. #4 and #16 are used more for display cases and small aquariums using 1/4". Once your initial bond with either of these glues is comprimised #40 is the only thing thats truely going to heat up that plastic again and penetrate enough to give you a stong bond. Just trying to help, dont mean to preach. not many people agree to use #40 but its what the pros use lol... Hope she holds for ya, goodluck,

Sizzlahr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2011
indianapolis
I used weld on. I can't remember which model number. It was the water thin stuff. I did reseal every corner by tipping the tank and letting it seem into any gaps. Ordered a heater. Once it gets up to temp ill add fish

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store