My Work Horse : Chemical Dosing System : 24/7 New Water Dripping System

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
NICE. I wish I had the means to justify getting one of those. How is that on your water bill?

COG Commando

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2011
West Bend, WI
Awesome, I'd love to do a similar setup for my tanks

aaronb

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2011
Cawker City, KS
That is over 14 tanks about 1,400 gallon of water...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Ok. Well in that case it's only highly excessive.

The setup looks really good. I don't have any tanks that require over a 100 percent water change a week. I also won't in the future, because I don't want to waste that much water. I do want to setup a nice drip system after I move though.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
Ok. Well in that case it's only highly excessive.

The setup looks really good. I don't have any tanks that require over a 100 percent water change a week. I also won't in the future, because I don't want to waste that much water. I do want to setup a nice drip system after I move though.

i do believe that "draining and filling" is not the same as "dripping and displacement"... you will never get that 100% water change.

also this summer my outdoor 600g and 300g should be up... and all these "waste water" will be pump into these 2 tanks (with fish)... before it pump out to irrigate my lawns.. :) so its not wasted... ;)

aaronb

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2011
Cawker City, KS
i do believe that "draining and filling" is not the same as "dripping and displacement"... you will never get that 100% water change.

also this summer my outdoor 600g and 300g should be up... and all these "waste water" will be pump into these 2 tanks (with fish)... before it pump out to irrigate my lawns.. :) so its not wasted... ;)
I guess that is the unfortunate thing about adding water to the top and removing it from the top. Some of it's bound to end up straight in the drain. It'd be interesting to measure your nitrates in the 600 and 300 after they're setup. If there's much new water going in the drain of your tanks the 300 and 600 might actually have lower nitrates.

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
I guess that is the unfortunate thing about adding water to the top and removing it from the top. Some of it's bound to end up straight in the drain. It'd be interesting to measure your nitrates in the 600 and 300 after they're setup. If there's much new water going in the drain of your tanks the 300 and 600 might actually have lower nitrates.

There wont be any new water going into the outside tanks... Since about 270 gallons being pump out daily....

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store