My zoo update

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
Zoodiver said:
Thanks for the compliments. If anyone in the area wants to come and check it out (behind the scenes), let me know. I'd be more than happy to do that.
now thats an offer locals cant refuse

MaJiKTeRRoR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2005
Illinois
How far is your zoo from the Mall of America? I will be out that way this summer.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
It's prety close. Maybe 15-20 minutes away. If you are at the Mall, I highly suggest you see Underwater Adventure (aka the Minnesota Aquarium). They have one of the largest freshwater exhibits in the world as well as one of the longest tunnels. I almost took a position there when I moved here. I would prefer to work there, but the money at this zoo was more than one could turn down.

MaJiKTeRRoR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2005
Illinois
I went there it was pretty cool. My cousins live up there. I'll PM you if and when I'm out that way.

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
I've been meaning to get out to that tunnel deal at the mall. Seen it on the Discovery channel.

I visited your zoo a few years back and I thought it was a well set-up place. My only complaint was there was not enough water. Good to hear you are having a impact on that place. More aquatics! Good luck with your project. I will visit there sometime soon to see how it goes.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
I've have yet to get good shots of the fish to post. I'll try. There is so much construction going on, around the holding tanks is a complete mess right now.
So far I've got some of the motoros, the arapaima pair (only one will go on exhibit), several red belly pacu, silver dollars of all sorts, and a TSN (baby). I'll also have 2 pair of endangered river turtles (p. expansa and p. unifilis), a pair of mata matas and a pair of green anacondas. The plan is to add at least peacock bass, black pacu, silver arowana, a red tail cat and leopoldi for the stingray stream. I'll have to see what else I have room for. So far they seem to be letting me do what I want. I figure that's for two reasons: First: because nobody else here understands fish and it's a totally new thing to have them here. Second: I came from a place where I ran a similar exhibit on a much larger scale.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store