Mysterious White Spots on Electric Eel’s Head.

Electrofunk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2023
Unfortunate update. My eel now has a couple lesions on his body. I’ve been dosing with super ick cure and doing regular water changes. Only difference is yesterday I started dosing with Paraguard because it finally came in. Sorry the photos aren’t the best the eel is preferring to stay hidden now so pics are kinda hard to get.

IMG_4658.jpeg

IMG_4649.jpeg

IMG_4646.jpeg

AKfishkeeper1992

Feeder Fish
Mar 25, 2020
Unfortunate update. My eel now has a couple lesions on his body. I’ve been dosing with super ick cure and doing regular water changes. Only difference is yesterday I started dosing with Paraguard because it finally came in. Sorry the photos aren’t the best the eel is preferring to stay hidden now so pics are kinda hard to get.

View attachment 1531516

View attachment 1531517

View attachment 1531518
Any update? One of me 6” Electric eels have the same thing going on. I thought it was really weird that it was only on their face and I’ve been brushing it off thinking maybe it’s a part of their biology but I’m curious about your experience to date.

Electrofunk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2023
Any update? One of me 6” Electric eels have the same thing going on. I thought it was really weird that it was only on their face and I’ve been brushing it off thinking maybe it’s a part of their biology but I’m curious about your experience to date.
I'm thinking it's just part of their biology, it's been ongoing now for about a month, little dude is doing fine still eating and behaving as normal, I threw every Ich med possible at the situation, he still has spots, and other than what turned out to be heater burn he's doing great.

Electrofunk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2023
I'm thinking it's just part of their biology, it's been ongoing now for about a month, little dude is doing fine still eating and behaving as normal, I threw every Ich med possible at the situation, he still has spots, and other than what turned out to be heater burn he's doing great.
Also to add to this because it's too late to edit my original post the spots have not gotten any worse either, no spreading, no changes in size, nothing. So I'm just chalking it up to biology. This is the downside of owning a fish that's not commonly kept in the hobby not much info about them so when something weird like this happens you are left blazing your own trail.

AKfishkeeper1992

Feeder Fish
Mar 25, 2020
Also to add to this because it's too late to edit my original post the spots have not gotten any worse either, no spreading, no changes in size, nothing. So I'm just chalking it up to biology. This is the downside of owning a fish that's not commonly kept in the hobby not much info about them so when something weird like this happens you are left blazing your own trail.
Well, that’s what’s great about forums. I’d really like to hear some others input on it. I will try to get pictures, but mine are in a small mangrove sanctuary with lots of light, so they hardly come out when I can see them. I will say that they don’t seem to be too fussy. I really hope it’s just part of them. The other one doesn’t have it at all. It makes me wonder if maybe the nodules on their face responsible for the electricity are infected with something.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store