Mystery death help

motorg525

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2022
A purchased a motoro pup today, looked very healty. Took it home, floated the bag and added a little tank water to the bag. Released the pup

started breathing heavy as soon as a released it and went belly up and death 15 minutes later

tank was plummed into a sump with 6 other 75s so its cycled for sure.

what did i do wrong or miss?

• Sad
Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
A purchased a motoro pup today, looked very healty. Took it home, floated the bag and added a little tank water to the bag. Released the pup

started breathing heavy as soon as a released it and went belly up and death 15 minutes later

tank was plummed into a sump with 6 other 75s so its cycled for sure.

what did i do wrong or miss?
Sorry for the loss.
https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/...ught-motoro-stingray-died.747422/post-8423725
Read post #23 that's possibly what happened.

Reactions: oldfish

Damascus

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2020
Sounds like something was very off with your water. I've seen this happen with Ph differences, but likely you were dealing with a weaker ray and had something very "wrong" with your water. The way the pup was breathing right after being released usually indicates its the water.

SalviniCichlidFan

Dovii
MFK Member
May 30, 2021
www.andrew-li.org
Might be osmotic shock or some other type of shock. I’ve seen something similar happen before to some salvini fry that I bought. Usually it’s because of ph or hardness differences between the stores water and your aquarium water.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store