N. multifasciatus

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
A friend of mine recently got a custom 2*2*1.5 (l*b*h) tank on his birthday and he knowing nothing about the hobby told me to get it started and running. But the catch here is he's heard of cichlids and wants them. We only get bolivian rams as the only dwarf cichlid in the locality. But i have a friend who keeps multis and breeds them. I got in touch with him and he said he could give me about a dozen of them . What do you guys think? Would this be a good enough tank for the multis? And do share the pics of your multi's tanks if you have any.
Thanks

Reactions: Bbuckley

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
That is enough for a small colony. 10 gallon is the minimum for a few and that tank is about 45 if my math is right. Footprint will probably allow for a dozen (haven’t kept them though). Just keep the ph nice and high.

Milingu

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2015
It should be big enough for around 20 adults. Just provide enough shells and some rocks to mark territories.

I don't have any recent tank pics. But a video before I had moved the tank. I recommend providing more shells than shown in the video because half of them are burried in the sand.

And some pictures of one of my males in his full beauty.

n_multifasciatus_03.jpgn_multifasciatus_04.jpgn_multifasciatus_05.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store