naming your fish

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I love Ropert's name!!!

I have a carp in my 300gal called Hoover. Because he sucks up the food from over an inch away!
I used to have a congo puffer named hoover since he looked like one...

My fahaka is called "Tiny" but the rest of my fish i've never got around to naming for some reason...

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
It's rare that I name a fish but I've had my Trachy's a long time. First cats I had eat at the waters surface and they found the food as fast or faster then their tankmates who regularly eat at the surface. Between that and they're comical face and behavior I grew attached enough to want to name them. Unfortunately I've only decided on my females name, Black Betty besides her color there's just something about her that reminds me of that song by Ram Jam.
IMG_4365#2.JPG

Reactions: lekkiandgas

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
my dovi's name is pipsqueak . I had a bleekri named gogi and his mate lacey. my jag is queen b. I only name a few . They have to earn their names !

Reactions: lekkiandgas

LilMonsters

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2015
Most of our fish get names.
Our large Severums are named Sunny and Darkness, ones Black and ones Orangish colored.
The albino bichir is named Eli (as in "Eel Eye") because someone else in the tank ate one of his eyes. I think it was the African Leaf who has since been named @sshole because he picked on everyone so bad we had to move him.

Nim Dibbley

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2010
CA
ive been trying to get my kid to name the fish for years. but she has yet to give any of them names that stick for more than a day or two.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Hahaha my son names all of our fish.
Hulk- pearsei
Chewy - heterospilus
Spike - del bichir
Nigel marvin - ornate bichir
Fudge - mokelembembe bichir
Krex- sen bichir
Goldie - buettikoferi bichir
Larry - lapradei bichir
Chubbs - spotted rapheal cat
Toby- l200 pleco

The only fish that are actually mine and that i picked out are vieja zonatus...no names. Son doesnt like them so they dont get a name

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
My pair of brown Hoplo cats are Walter and Helen

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store