Nano fish suggestions?

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I’m thinking of doing pigmy sunfish or desert gobies. Something with big personalities that has broad parameter requirements.
No bigger than 2-2.5” and nothing like rasbora, tetra etc…
Thanks for any suggestions

Matth05

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2022
New Jersey
This may be slightly outside your wanted size limit depending on the individual, but how about paradise fish. Had one in a 29 for a few months, until I ended up losing it dropsy. I haven’t kept a very wide variety of fish species but I would say this little gourami was the most personable and bold of them yet.IMG_1554.jpeg
No need for a heater as a little bonus.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
This may be slightly outside your wanted size limit depending on the individual, but how about paradise fish. Had one in a 29 for a few months, until I ended up losing it dropsy. I haven’t kept a very wide variety of fish species but I would say this little gourami was the most personable and bold of them yet.View attachment 1537048
No need for a heater as a little bonus.
Those are cool, but they get a little big for the tank I’m using for this, a 5.5g, but thanks.

Reactions: Matth05

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
If you’ve got a good population of live foods, definitely go with the sunfish.
One of my dream nano fish.

Alternatively, you can try African dwarf frogs. They are a lot of fun and are pretty low maintenance.

Reactions: Joshuakahan

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
If you’ve got a good population of live foods, definitely go with the sunfish.
One of my dream nano fish.

Alternatively, you can try African dwarf frogs. They are a lot of fun and are pretty low maintenance.
I started a culture of Walter worms , I’ve never done that before, so we’ll see how that goes

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store