chicago
No damsils in a small tank can radomly snap and just go on a killing spree

PEVINE11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2007
Franklin N.H
www.myspace.com
hes the smallest in the tank @ like maby an inch.

but what do i do about my alge??

Animallove

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2007
Port Washington, New York
I'm thinking about starting either a 10 or 20 gallon nano sw aquarium (hopefully 20 gallon) & I have a couple questions:

1. I have a whisper canister filter (210 gallons per hour rate) would it be possible to use that on at least a 10 gallon nano tank instead of a power head?

2. Is a RO system really needed, or could I just take the chlorine and other harmful chemicals out some other way?

3. Could I use play sand for the substrate as long as there is no silicone in it?

4. I have a light that has two 25 watt lights for the 20 gallon, and 2 15 watt lights for the 10 gallon, would either of those be able to give enough light for any type of coral/mushroom? (They are just plain lights, not the coral kind of anything, but I guess I could put the specific coral light bulbs in)

Last but not least, what kind of fish/corals could I put in a 10 gallon or a 20 gallon?

Sorry about all the questions, I just want to do this right.

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Animallove;1402302; said:
I'm thinking about starting either a 10 or 20 gallon nano sw aquarium (hopefully 20 gallon) & I have a couple questions:

1. I have a whisper canister filter (210 gallons per hour rate) would it be possible to use that on at least a 10 gallon nano tank instead of a power head?

It could work.

2. Is a RO system really needed, or could I just take the chlorine and other harmful chemicals out some other way?

You would probably be better off with one, but it's not necessary.

3. Could I use play sand for the substrate as long as there is no silicone in it?

An aragonite based sand would be better.

4. I have a light that has two 25 watt lights for the 20 gallon, and 2 15 watt lights for the 10 gallon, would either of those be able to give enough light for any type of coral/mushroom? (They are just plain lights, not the coral kind of anything, but I guess I could put the specific coral light bulbs in)

If you changed the bulbs and bought some for corals, certain mushrooms or other polyps may be ok.

Last but not least, what kind of fish/corals could I put in a 10 gallon or a 20 gallon?

Not much for fish, maybe a pair of clowns or small gobys.

Sorry about all the questions, I just want to do this right.
Good luck.

PEVINE11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2007
Franklin N.H
www.myspace.com
is a Snowflake moray eel ok in a 30 gallon? my book says so just want more oppions.

also its there any lion fish ok for 30 gallon?

princess

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2007
England
I HAVE A QUESTION lol woo ........ my nano reef comes next week and i've been thinking about setting up a "eco friendly" tank with synthetics...salt and sand and eco friendly live rock and tank bred fish.....is this ok? yeah yeah? i dont like the idea of taking out a fishy from the sea to put it in an itsy bitsy tankage but i will if i have to but i thought this would be a super idea.

stingray man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2007
chicago
So you want every thing to be captive breed, regualr rock turned into live rock, corals that are fraged, and sand that some one has gotten the bacteria from there tank? IF so this technicly wont be hard but you will need to find some that has a sw tank that can make ur liverock and make ur sand other than that its easy

princess

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2007
England
yeah i know where to get eco friendly live rock and tank bred fish soooooo i might just do it :p because i'm worth it.

stingray man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2007
chicago
Thats cool make sure u put pics up when u deside to do it
Good luck to

PEVINE11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2007
Franklin N.H
www.myspace.com
PEVINE11;1410821; said:
is a Snowflake moray eel ok in a 30 gallon? my book says so just want more oppions.

also its there any lion fish ok for 30 gallon?
anyone??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store