Nano tank

Neo Baron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2005
at my store my friend set up an eclipse system 6 as a reef setup and he does water changes everyday, but it is a nice tank. :grinno:

MidasMan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
Virginia
If you have mastered fresh water tanks salt is a breeze. I have had two salt tanks 15 and a 25. My fish killed each other so i gave up. im gonna get into salt again soon.

HilJack41

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2005
Cincinnati soon to be lakeland fl
Yes i am all about alts.... in response to nano cubes... Nano cubes are great! they haev a built in wet dry filter, and good water ciculation (important), the lights in the standard model are enough to sustain most corals minus sps (stony corals such as birds nest ect).

The one i take care of needs only monthy waterchanges and i moniter its ph, nitrate ect. levels and they stay fairly constant.
Nano cubs are easily modified to includ LED lights for night viewing, and more light units. The nano cubes also come in a lx modle wiht more lighting that wil rock any corals socks off. oh and double fans for cooling! :sarcastic wow: They cubes come ina 12 gallon modle and i think a 20. the 12 is a square foot, and is just great! its galss but has no corners so youhave like panoramic viewing. i only added a heater and small powerhead. i harvest mushrooms and xenia from it weekly.

check out this site, itsmy home base

www.cincyreef.com
its hasd evrythign you need to know about salt, and any question will be answeared to the enth degree, them all are my homes they are awsome. lol im a member of hte club and haev the t shirt waht waht!

speaking from the view point of haveing a 250 gallon reef system nanos are a breeze. they are cheap, easly to manitan, and easily can be made to look outstanding. reefs are more like the ecosystem so its eaier to main tain fish only nanos would go crazy wiht nitrates. if you have nay questions about salt ask me. lol i can type another 4 pages theres just so much. But from experianceing both bad and good in tank set ups there is defenatly a wrong and right, and if its wrong youwill flush 100s of $ down the toilet.. i did... you gotta understand the whole concept of copelopods, live sand, live rock, ect. refugiums are fantastic, if you want fish only go that way for sure. also there are equipment like protien skimmers, uv sterilizers, calcium reactors, r/o units, ozone units, the lights man can make or break a tank and also make or break you wallet! you can haev some pretty monsterfish in salt. like look down fish..

and wolf eels

ps he is for sale

i have a great nano site too, i will find it and post it

p.s. you have a snowfalke eel in a nano? dose he haeva futre home??? cuse he gonna get big! :22_yikes:

lookdown_jv013.jpg

LookDown.jpg

View attachment 1087460

PredatoryFishMagazine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I know I'm a few days late on this, but that's a beautiful wolf eel. I'm actually working on getting them to breed for me. As far as I know they've never been bred in an aquarium, so it would be a huge accomplishment for me if I can get them to.

But as far as nano reefs, my friend Jesse has been maintaining a 1 gallon "reef" for a little over a year now. It sounds cool, but it's actually pretty boring to look at because it's so small. As a general rule I don't recommend small tanks to start out with, but if you've done fairly well with freshwater doing salt shouldn't be a problem. Saltwater tanks are actually a lot easier than a lot of people make them out to be.

asaarcher

Feeder Fish
May 21, 2005
Hi this is my first post so I hope i don't mess it up.
I've been maintaining reef tanks professionally for years and no a nano is not good for a begginner. If you take the same amount of pollution and spill it into a pond or a puddle the puddle will get polluted faster.
The only thing that I do like about nano stuff is that the maintenance takes a hot minute, small amounts of water small amounts of time. :ne :newbie: wbie: :newbie: :newbie: :newbie: :newbie: :newbie: :newbie:

That's me

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store