Nativs with Non-Natives?

fisher12889

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
Colorado
wcgunns;5145614; said:
Anyone done this with peacock bass and oscars? Thoughts?
What are you trying to put with them? Some natives will work, many won't because p bass need such a high temp.

Cakilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2009
Illinois
Neither Peacocks or Oscars are native but you can catch both out of the same water ways in certain parts of fla.

to the OP was you asking if you can have peacock bass and oscars in the same tank ? if thats the ? then yea you can you just got to have enough tank space is all

Spazzoni

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2011
PA
A LMB or Bluegill may work. Only ones I can think of that may be able to handle the high temps the Peacocks need. They still may suffer some stress at those temps though. Some sort of catfish may work as well.

wcgunns

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
DFW, Texas
Got the 450 going good now and was thinking of adding an oscar and a mono pb. I know these two are not native to the USA but you can catch them in parts of Florida and Ive heard in Texas as well. Have any of you done this? Pros or Cons

Spazzoni

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2011
PA
wcgunns;5146767; said:
Got the 450 going good now and was thinking of adding an oscar and a mono pb. I know these two are not native to the USA but you can catch them in parts of Florida and Ive heard in Texas as well. Have any of you done this? Pros or Cons

Now I'm confused. Are you asking about natives with an Oscar and Peacock? Or about whether an Oscar and peacock can live together? Oscars and Peacock are not native or cold water fish regardless of where you can catch them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store