Nature

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
They're impressive alright!

Most peoples idea of the beach is hot weather and sunbathing, my perfect day at the beach is a long walk with moody weather and not another soul in sight the entire time, just me and the two dogs.

b1.jpg b2.jpg

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
They're impressive alright!

Most peoples idea of the beach is hot weather and sunbathing, my perfect day at the beach is a long walk with moody weather and not another soul in sight the entire time, just me and the two dogs.

View attachment 1254561 View attachment 1254562
Where in New Zeland are you? I went to Coromandel a few years back around this time of year and it was packed.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Northland. Here's the beach we walked from the estuary at the south up to the rocky point at the northern end of the beach; https://goo.gl/maps/fvVaWtpSoM32
I live about 25 minutes back towards town on that road, it's bit twisty and out of the way, so even in summer it's not as popular as many other local beaches (including the southern side of the estuary here). Suits me just fine!

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Bump. I have a bunch of pictures I need to upload from the past year of travelling once I get a better internet connection.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Nice thread...Mother Nature is a big part of my life, I run team building adventures for corporate groups and have been into extreme sports for over 3 decades. From just the last 10 years or so I have thousands and thousands of pix, here's a few I came across first:

BA Pirates Viewpoint sm.jpg
Le Meridien Beach 2.jpg

Karon Sunset 7 med.jpg

Slackline CBC med.jpg
Hornbill Couple at Banana Beach.jpg
Beach Butterfly 1.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store