Need advice switching from discus

Angels can be just as high maintenance as Discus. Just thin out your numbers. Ive meet a tom of discus people with family and they managed to keep all the fish. And they where sellers

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
With all due respect, and I mean this in no snarky way, but are you kidding me? There is no way, no how that angels are as hard as discus to keep. no way possible. Maybe wild caught angels, but store bought? come on. Let be honest here.

I get that there are people who can managed. But I work from 6am-5pm. That doesn't leave much time. Then there's always chores etc that comes up. In my own personal view, I won't put aquarium maintenance over my family. I used to do 2-3 wc a week. Now is down to one.

I'm not trying to start a discussion over how much time one needs to spend with a child. Or What is quality over quantity. Just looking for a substitute for discus. Thank you all
Angelfish is your answer.

Do you think 1 angel, 1 severum, 1 firemouth, and maybe two geos would work?
Absolutely. You never know at the end of the day with individual personalities, but if you purchase them all as babies, that would be fine. Keyhole cichlid would be another idea, though you don't see them much.

fibbingbear

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2013
SoCal
Keyhole chiclids? Never heard of them. Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll start as soon as I move the discus.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store