Need an Id, Please ? :D

MonsterPeacock

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Colorado
Looks Orino hybrid / May be two spot Ocell... There's been some weird ones in circulation lately. I have a few similar to this one and still not sure what they are... Best answer is really mutt...lol

MonsterPeacock

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Colorado
Here's a pic of the cichla I said I have that is similar to the one above... They were selling them as "two spot Orinos" But now that he's pushing 6" he is looking more like a two spot Mono.. But I do think it's a mix or a hybrid either way.

P1040740.JPG

P1040740.JPG

MonsterPeacock

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Colorado
yea thats how my orino started to form sorta
Well, if you look close his has a black line through the tail fin... Orinos don't have this.. And since it doesn't have red eyes it's not full Ocell.. I say Mutt -

Looks like he'll be a cool cichal though, keep us posted with it's growth progress!!

aank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2010
Asia
Well, if you look close his has a black line through the tail fin... Orinos don't have this.. And since it doesn't have red eyes it's not full Ocell.. I say Mutt -

Looks like he'll be a cool cichal though, keep us posted with it's growth progress!!
is it mine, looks only have 2 spoots sir ? but i think yours and mine look diferrent, is't it ? :)

MonsterPeacock

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Colorado
is it mine, looks only have 2 spoots sir ? but i think yours and mine look diferrent, is't it ? :)
Right, do look different, but like I was saying your fish shown above has a black line through the tail fin, tells me it has Ocell/Mono in it, the yellow lining around the Ocellet say's Orino... So my best conclusion would be hybrid.. Only way to really find out is to contact the seller and see if you can get the information on it. Like if it was CB and if so what are the parents? I'm guessing by the looks it's a CB F1 and not WC.

Nice Pick up!!

aank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2010
Asia
Right, do look different, but like I was saying your fish shown above has a black line through the tail fin, tells me it has Ocell/Mono in it, the yellow lining around the Ocellet say's Orino... So my best conclusion would be hybrid.. Only way to really find out is to contact the seller and see if you can get the information on it. Like if it was CB and if so what are the parents? I'm guessing by the looks it's a CB F1 and not WC.

Nice Pick up!!
Ooo ic" sir...
this is CB F1, and I immediately bought from the breeder, he told me the parents Orinoco x Orinoco "rio meta"...:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store