Need expert's advice. WTH is this?

dr_sudz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2006
Wiarton, Ontario
www.fishinabox.ca
Maybe it is something like acne for rays. Something that develops in the skin and causes the bumps to show up, but are completely harmless.

rob_debruce

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2009
Arad-Romania
One of my ray had a same problem but disappeared very quickly..in 2-3 days :) first time i worried, I thought that was same kind a parasites .

haxjester

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
Toledo, OH
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I know DB Junkie is still active, and I have a question regarding this ray/subject.

Have these bumps gone away? Have more appeared? Have they gotten larger/smaller? Left any scarring?

The reason I ask is one of my marbles have just developed the exact same kind of bumps in several locations on her. They must have appeared within the last week or so as I haven't noticed them before. (insert required information about water params, environment variables, and ray behavior - perfect/stable params, no changes to tank/no recent damage, active and eating), I've done a good bit of searching through the forums and reading up on it. The majority conclusion seems to be that they are harmless, and will sometimes go away, so I'm not very concerned with the health of the ray.

I was just wondering since this post, what has happened with these bumps on this ray DB Junkie? For curiosity sake, and to get an idea on what to expect for my ray. Thanks!

FireMedic

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2007
Middle of somewhere, Oulu Wisconsin
These bumps go away. Think of them like "baby-fat". Every single pup I have produced has had these "growths". They disipate with age, produce no scars and are harmless.

Respectfully,
FireMedic.

wheresalbany

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2006
Keene, NH
I had those bumps on both of my WC marbles when they came in, and they're gone now and have left no lasting marks.

haxjester

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
Toledo, OH
Thank you both! I feel much better. I freaked out when I first noticed them, but after reading I wasn't so concerned with health anymore, but there was no real conclusion from my reading on whether the bumps would stay or go away. Thanks for the experienced back input!

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
haxjester;3998751; said:
I was just wondering since this post, what has happened with these bumps on this ray DB Junkie? For curiosity sake, and to get an idea on what to expect for my ray. Thanks!
My ray still has a few bumps..... Nothing to worry about.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store