MFK Member
Jan 8, 2021
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
31-40%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every two weeks
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
My kissing groumais started acting off they started staying at the bottom of the tank more often not moving or even messing abt with each other there in a 220 gal tank with a Oscar a jd a silver aro a flag tail a synadontis catfish and a salfin pleco this morning I woke up to one of the groumies dead and the others just sitting in the corner of the tank same with all my fish rn it’s weird there all on the left half and not the right does anyone know what’s going on and what will happen to my other groumai please help it’s not like it’s aggression no marks on the fish and they’ve with each other since juveniles please help no idea what I’ve done wrong

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Just replied to your post. But I’d up your water changes to 50% twice a week. Check with a test kit. In the meantime I did suggest moving the gourami to a qt tank with some salt 1 tsp per g. Watch the water quality of the quarantine tank.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
My kissing groumais started acting off they started staying at the bottom of the tank more often not moving or even messing abt with each other there in a 220 gal tank with a Oscar a jd a silver aro a flag tail a synadontis catfish and a salfin pleco this morning I woke up to one of the groumies dead and the others just sitting in the corner of the tank same with all my fish rn it’s weird there all on the left half and not the right does anyone know what’s going on and what will happen to my other groumai please help it’s not like it’s aggression no marks on the fish and they’ve with each other since juveniles please help no idea what I’ve done wrong
How large is the Silver Arowana compared to the kissing Gourami?

Reactions: kno4te

AR1

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
kingdom of saudi arabia, riyadth
Yeah maybe he was
🤔 🤔 🤔
Can't you merge the threads kno4te kno4te

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member