NEED HELP BREEDING FLOWERHORNS

snake513

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2007
ohio
just put a male and a female together and they should pair up thats what i did and mine breed every couple of months usally divide the tank for a while after i remove fry the males can get pretttttttyyyy mean

Mystix212

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Buy a pair of flowerhorns, or seperate ones. Make sure they are male and female. Then place the female in the breeding tank and the male in a seperate tank. Condition them for 3 weeks with 3-4 small feedings per day. This may consist on Earthworms, Brine Shrimp, Bloodworms, Pellets and Flakes. During the 3 weeks, you have pretty much juiced up the fish and they should be looking better with brighter colours. The female particualy. She should be full of eggs.

Now introduce the male into the tank and add a 2-3" convict as a dither. They should spawn within 2 weeks. But if the male or female gets too aggressive, use a dividder to seperate them.

Liam

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2007
Brisbane - Australia.
Mystix212;1061951; said:
Buy a pair of flowerhorns, or seperate ones. Make sure they are male and female. Then place the female in the breeding tank and the male in a seperate tank. Condition them for 3 weeks with 3-4 small feedings per day. This may consist on Earthworms, Brine Shrimp, Bloodworms, Pellets and Flakes. During the 3 weeks, you have pretty much juiced up the fish and they should be looking better with brighter colours. The female particualy. She should be full of eggs.

Now introduce the male into the tank and add a 2-3" convict as a dither. They should spawn within 2 weeks. But if the male or female gets too aggressive, use a dividder to seperate them.
I'm using the same method to make a red texas. Top information mystix.

Mystix212

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
yes, but now that I think of it, you may want to add some tetras or danios as dithers because the con may choose to breed with one of the opposing flowerhorns.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store