need help changing oscar's diet to pellets.

bulldovii

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fairfield, Illinois
You definitely have to give it more than a couple days before giving in and feeding him live food. Like one of the other posters had said it could take a month...maybe more but probably less.

JRT8783

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2013
Minnesota
Surprised nobody has asked yet, but how big is this oscar? the bigger your Oscar, the longer it can go without food....

Sent from my LG-E980 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
Surprised nobody has asked yet, but how big is this oscar? the bigger your Oscar, the longer it can go without food....

well, nobody knows what to relate to its size. lol my oscar now is reaching 4". he was 3" last month when i first bought him.

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
You definitely have to give it more than a couple days before giving in and feeding him live food. Like one of the other posters had said it could take a month...maybe more but probably less.
when i first bought him, i tried pellets but he didnt eat it, maybe becuz he was still stress. so, i tried worms and it works and since then he doesnt want to eat pellets. lol i think i shouldve tell what they feed him back in the lfs.

JRT8783

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2013
Minnesota
well, nobody knows what to relate to its size. lol my oscar now is reaching 4". he was 3" last month when i first bought him.
At that size, I would wait til he grows a little more to really starve him. I wouldn't feed him or offer him any food for 3 days and then drop him a good pellet like NLS or Omega 1. If he doesn't take it the 1st time, which I'm sure he won't, give him some shrimp or krill just for that 1 day, then repeat... maybe even try stuffing some pellets in there and see if he'll take them that way. Once he gets to around 5-6", u could probably starve him a little longer

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store