Need help please!!Jardini unknown sickness??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
We can't give you any help if you don't provide the information that has been asked for. What are the water parameters? Do you have a filter on this tank? Without testing water parameters you don't even know if the tank is cycled.

My guess is the jardini is experiencing effects from high ammonia and nitrite levels.

navygirl76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
www.flickr.com
ok so your tank has been set up for a month? it isnt done cycling! lol. it can take 50 or so days for a tank to fully cycle. you need to get a freshwater test kit and check your ammonia, nitrIte and nitrAte levels and tell us.

im betting your tank is cycling, and the eyes clouding over (which can lead to permanent blindness) is because your tank has nitrItes in it-they havent been consumed and changed into nitrAtes yet. keep in mind, when a tank cycles ammonia is the first step-its the most deadly. then it is consumed by nitrItes.. which convert into the least harmful bacteria called nitrAtes. you should read up on the nitrification cycle before slamming us.

get you water parameters then come back to us so we can help YOU.

navygirl76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
www.flickr.com

jardini23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2009
washington
thanks alot guys im sorry for getting at you guys its just i didnt know what to do and i was just anxious to find some help for my fish because i cound't anywhere else. you guys are good people.well i ended up buying him this expensive medicine and moving him into a med tank and he is still hanging on but doesnt look like its improving so i bought another one for $35 at about 5".

navygirl76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
www.flickr.com
you should have spend that 35 bucks on a test kit lol.. i wouldnt be adding any more fish until i know what my parameters are and if its even safe to put a fish in there.. ANY TRACE amount of ammonia is deadly to a fish.

well hopefully they make it. if you get your water parameters tell us.

jardini23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2009
washington
I finially figured out why all my jardini arowanas went blind!! I dont know if anyone knows about this or had this happen to you before but the reason why i strongly think they went blind is from being infront of a big plasma t.v. and i think it is most affective when the lights are out and your watching t.v the whole night. im pretty sure its from all the bright lights that is constantly flashing and even worse in the dark because it just makes it even 10x brighter. So to prevent my aro's going blind agian i just cut out a big piece of card board and taped it on my tank to block it from seeing the t.v. i know this is the case because the last 2 jardinis i had went blind within the first 3-5 days. and i had bought a new jar and he's been in my tank for about 2 weeks and no signs of blindness. If any of you guys dont believe and think this is crazy go ahead and place your fish infront or near the tv and watch it go blind within a week. i dont want this hapening to any more aro's so this is why im sharing this info with you guys. so good luck!!!

jardini23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2009
washington
I finially figured out why all my jardini arowanas went blind!! I dont know if anyone knows about this or had this happen to you before but the reason why i strongly think they went blind is from being infront of a big plasma t.v. and i think it is most affective when the lights are out and your watching t.v the whole night. im pretty sure its from all the bright lights that is constantly flashing and even worse in the dark because it just makes it even 10x brighter. So to prevent my aro's going blind agian i just cut out a big piece of card board and taped it on my tank to block it from seeing the t.v. i know this is the case because the last 2 jardinis i had went blind within the first 3-5 days. and i had bought a new jar and he's been in my tank for about 2 weeks and no signs of blindness. If any of you guys dont believe and think this is crazy go ahead and place your fish infront or near the tv and watch it go blind within a week. i dont want this hapening to any more aro's so this is why im sharing this info with you guys. so good luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store