Need help with my arowana tank

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
When water evaporates, only water leaves the tank. All the pollutants stay behind. So water changes are still very important.

ECarbonel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2007
Gshock;3620091; said:
You should just siphon water out like a water change, then add water back in to the usual level. No point topping it before doing a water change, its jsut a waste of water.

:iagree:

BenSow

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Dillingerescaped;3620638; said:
wow where do you live? do you have a cover? I live in a hot place and my water evaporation on my outside tank is small
Look at the side it says "LOCATION:KUALA LUMPUR". Kuala Lumpur is in Malaysia in Southeast Asia. Sometimes the water evaporates more water than 10%! Usually the temperature is 90F during the day and around 81F during the night. I just topped up the water and the arowana is looking swell under so close to the light(but not close enough to fry eat :)

Thanks for all your help

classic-chassis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
Thailand
My tank is inside, i have the same problem at times. I top up with about ten gallons a week, during the week. On the weekend i do a 50% WC

yanfloist

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 1, 2009
minnesota
you should still change the water no matter what because just adding water and not changing your water can increase your water hardness.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store