Need help with new NGT

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
Damn,looks like that aro could eat him without trying too hard,good you got him out of there....ultimatejay is on point and if you can get mollies I'd skip right to them over the guppies.The NGT looks badly sunken in and needs to be fattened up.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

thanks, hope i can get some mollies :) will post update tonight.

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Looks like it ain't eaten in 6-7 weeks!

Try any live fish.
Try chopped prawn. Chopped white bait or lance fish
Definitely try bloodworms
Chopped earthworms..
Keep lights off (they often eat more when lights are off)

Basically anything he can eat.
I say chopped everything , cause if it ain't eaten in ages, it won't beable to take large whole pieces. Also careful it don't puke up food . It could do it cause it hasn't digest food in such a long time.

Good luck. Ask the shop to see what they were feeding it.

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Ade offered some good suggestions and advice. Hope the NGT pulls through. I recently got a couple not too long ago. They were similar in size, but not as famine as yours. Hope the guy eats something!

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I would say if it's thin and the guppys don't get eaten fast then you have a problem

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
Thanks, I guess I already knew there's a problem with theme hen I saw them:( but just hoped that they only looked thin but can be nursed back to health, so far my ngt is more active, i'llbring it back to the Los when I get back in 2 days.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
Finally brought back the ngt to the Lfs , was told by the shop keeper that she fed it with mp, but returned it since I was not able to get it to eat even live guppies:(

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Good thing they took it back.Did they offer you a full refund?

Good question.....the biggest chain of FS in uk only offers 30% of shop sale value if you bring a healthy fish back.

But if you bring an unhealthy fish back that was already unhealthy , you should get 100% money back.

To OPythem best to never buy a tiger that skinny any more. My LFS had a 8 inh NTT for a good price but it had sunken belly like you NgT.

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
Thanks , I have not paid for the ngt yet when I brought it home. I know the owner of the Lfs well, was told that it would take longer with me before it would take food, but I guess I really gambled taking the tiger home even when it was quite skinny.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store