AdkTanks

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2023
Have you tested your water?
No
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
31-40%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
This morning I woke up and my peacock bass was a goner. The past week I have been treating for ick. i firsted noticed the ick on my shovel nose/rt hybrid which soon spread through the tank. within 2-3 days all ick had clear up from fish and they looked great. This morning I go downstairs and my pb is floating dead and I notice my catfish has taken a turn for the worst. he is super lethargic kinda floating with his head up towards the top. I just added a few feeders in the tank and he noticed them and chased but quickly lost intrest. His whiskers look all messed hip and he has a bluish haze over his eyes as well as his fins looking rough. Any ideas as to what’s going on and how to treat?

IMG_0304.jpeg

IMG_0305.jpeg

IMG_0306.jpeg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
To me it has a look of velvet almost. I’d dose some copper and check levels.

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Curly whiskers on catfish is 99% always a water quality issue.
How long has the tank been set up?
What are the water parameters?
What volume of water, what occupants?
Water changes at 30% per week seems fine, assuming with dechlorinated water of similar temperature. And again assuming you vac tank gravel(it does look tidy in the photos).

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I would end its suffering and get another one if you really like that fish, or get a different fish. But you could try saving it; there have been a few cases where a fish was looking like it's on its last fins, and it was able to be completely healed.

AdkTanks

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2023
Curly whiskers on catfish is 99% always a water quality issue.
How long has the tank been set up?
What are the water parameters?
What volume of water, what occupants?
Water changes at 30% per week seems fine, assuming with dechlorinated water of similar temperature. And again assuming you vac tank gravel(it does look tidy in the photos).
2 months maybe three it’s been up and running now I stay on top of keeping the **** cleaned out and must in eaten food is usually taken out. I dechlorinate as well as get temps as close as possible. Tank is a 55 with 10 gallon sump. Currently housing 2 4” Oscar’s the cat and a false gar all of same relative size. Already have next tank its going to be a 180 then a 300.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store