need some dithers

HiImSean

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2007
kennesaw, ga
i was wondering what you guys can recommend for me. i've got a 125g with 5 juvenile h. psittacus, a chocolate cichild, a flagtail, and a jurupari. everyone hides in the tank. no one is ever really out and swimming. i was thinking of some kind of silver dollar but i have some plants and i've heard they will eat them. anything else about 3-4" that will add some color. i want to try and stick with SA fish since that's kind of the theme of the tank.

Idealconcepts

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Moved
I'm not sure how big some of your fish get, but you cold do larger Giant Danios (5-8 of them), or Silver dollars (3-5 of them), or Tin Foils probably no more than 3 of them.

sterling_mcdaniel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
idaho
tinfoils are not SA. and silver dollars will most likely eat your plants. danios might be good but they might get eaten.

kickthefool

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 19, 2008
Indiana nwi
second on the danios, get a school of at least six and they will last a while, they are pretty fast.

Wheat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
U.S.
Hemiodus sp. 2 kinds are readily available, redtail and black tail. Redtails grow to 4", Blacks to about 6". Very active schooling fish and from SA. :)

red tail

Black tail

Idealconcepts

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Moved
Wheat;2615612; said:
Hemiodus sp. 2 kinds are readily available, redtail and black tail. Redtails grow to 4", Blacks to about 6". Very active schooling fish and from SA. :)

red tail

Black tail
What are the common names for these guys?

Wheat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
U.S.
Around here they're just called "Red tail Hemiodus" or "Black tail Hemiodus"

Lizardking

Jocke
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2006
Sweden
Wheat;2615752; said:
Around here they're just called "Red tail Hemiodus" or "Black tail Hemiodus"
hemiodus are a great choice for dithers! are they common in the states?? my lfs has recently got some in and they are very rare over here.

I vote for " red tail hemiodus "

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store