need to know good filtration for a 90 gallon

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
I would do 2 hob's...prob ac110 ,with a penguin 350,,then add a big sponge filter...that would cover anything you might want to put in a 90

importracer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
NorthernCalifornia
h guys just wondering if anybody know a really good filtration or any suggestions for a 90 gallon
:) thanks
I would place two Aqua Clear 70's and a canister filter.........The ac's would handle the polishing of the water perfectly and keep the circulation going well.....The canister would take care of the biological and chemical filtration.......For canister brand I would try Fluval 404, but if not available then I would go for the RENA XP4.........

I would place two Aqua Clear 70's and a canister filter.........The ac's would handle the polishing of the water perfectly and keep the circulation going well.....The canister would take care of the biological and chemical filtration.......For canister brand I would try Fluval 404, but if not available then I would go for the RENA XP4.........
I would do this. The Pump it (Canister) and Dump it (HOB) combo is the best for most any tank.

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
I'd just use a large canister (like an FX5) along with some type of circulation/wave pump to keep debris from settling; that way you've got a larger than needed canister that allows you to upgrade later down the road...

That or a 55g Sump :)

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I use two emperor 400s on my 120. I custom made sponge inserts for mine insted of buying new pads every few months. And it works much better too lol just dont use really dense sponge.

BellycrawlerJaws

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
Long Island, New York
I, like redear, believe in ridiculous over filtration. My 75 has 2 ac110, an eheim 2028, and an aquatop 400 UV. Mind you my 75 has an Oscar

That said I'd recommend an AC110 and at least some sort of canister. The more the merrier!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store