Nes999's 1,000 gallon Plywood Build

nes999

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2009
IL
mike_sema;4304514; said:
not cool,,, but it will come eventually

im very sorry. but it is a blessing in my eyes. i will have a floor drain 6inches to a foot away from the tank theirs a facet on the other side of the wall witch im making on thats just above the tank. wont be as long maybe like 6ft but im deffinatly going 5ft tall.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
I'm looking forward to your concrete build. I always wanted to use a full sheet of acrylic and build a tank around it. I think the most common/economical cell cast acrylic comes in 4X8 sheets? Looking forward to seeing your plans :)

paulW

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
ohio
nes999;4303687; said:
oh i understand. her problem is she doesnt want a 5ft wide tank. ill let her think a couple of days.
Oh, I misunderstood the whole problem.. She doesn't want the project.. That sucks.. Women just don't understand.

Could you talk her into a tank that is only 2-3 feet wide? It would be easy to build, and you could still do a lot with it.

I have a 300 gallon (8' x 2' by 30").. I know that is small compared to some people on the site, but I have a great time with it.. There's a lot you can do with a tank that size.. Construction would be a lot simplier too.

nes999

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2009
IL
paulW;4305686; said:
Oh, I misunderstood the whole problem.. She doesn't want the project.. That sucks.. Women just don't understand.

Could you talk her into a tank that is only 2-3 feet wide? It would be easy to build, and you could still do a lot with it.

I have a 300 gallon (8' x 2' by 30").. I know that is small compared to some people on the site, but I have a great time with it.. There's a lot you can do with a tank that size.. Construction would be a lot simplier too.

my orginal plan was a tank to keep a redtail for life and the people i asked said you could keep one in a 10x4x4 so i bumped it up a foot each way. im trying to find energy effienct space heaters. if i can get some that dont cost 2 arms and a leg to run i might look into build a "shed" for the concrete build but thats a long way off. many weeks of research left to do.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
nes999;4308478; said:
my orginal plan was a tank to keep a redtail for life and the people i asked said you could keep one in a 10x4x4 so i bumped it up a foot each way. im trying to find energy effienct space heaters. if i can get some that dont cost 2 arms and a leg to run i might look into build a "shed" for the concrete build but thats a long way off. many weeks of research left to do.
Efficiently heating a large tank has already been worked out and tested by a few guys. Check out VLDesign and Thefishguy's build. They used existing water heaters and ran pex line to their sumps and cycled the hot water through the pex line to transfer the heat to the tank water. For both of them the house water heater was close enough to the tank for this system to work. No money spent on a water heater, just some plumbing, a controller, and a water pump.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store