NEVER release an aquarium fish into the wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2005
It's sad but in life it is always a few idiots who screw up everything for everyone.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
i dump a channel cat inot my lake every year.......

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Does the channel cat come from that lake and is it kept with anything from anywhere else?

turtall

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2005
State of Hawai'i
DiXoN said:
i am going to sticky this
Naw... You don't have to sticky this one. Any fool that's going to release does'nt read this forum. They are going to do it anyway, out of ignorance or they just don't care. Anyone here is well informed informed enough not to release, and another sticky will just take up room.
Just my opinion, Your Honor :)

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
they come from pet store and in with oscars and other s.a fish

cburkhart78

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2005
Texas oilfield
You guys aren't joking about Florida.There's a page on the Florida Fish n Game site that has a list of all the exotics.It seems cool at first because the thing literally reads like a fantasy list for all of our wildest dreams(all kinds of cichlids, knifefish, snakeheads, etc.)but there are countless native species that are threatened or endangered because of exotics.:swear: On the same hand there are a few species that are extinct except for a few specimens that are kept by aquariasts.I guess we're good for something.:ROFL:

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I saw that too. I was enthralled by the fish, but when the DNR starts stocking exotics to keep exotics at bay you know there is a problem.

moush

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2006
USA
I know that in some places you can't even use live minnows while fishing for fear that they will get realesed into the wild

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store