never trust anyone again

wckdkl0wn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
First off let me state that I was on vacation for 30 days.

WOW I will never trust my grandmother to take care of my fish ever again. The tank I had the rosy barb fryin the water was down for 4-5"" and the filter was running but pushing no water at all. I'm surprised they are even alive. Some survived. There are a few big ones now and still a bunch of small ones.

Also my betta tank...... well wow the damn water was red. yes red. And omfg stunk so bad. Had to throw all the gravel and decor out thats how bad it was. betta is fine now again though. much much happier in clean water.

Looks like the only tank that made out ok was the 20 gallon community tank. I am getting ready to move some of the rosy barbs and put them in the community tank. They are all big enough not to get eaten now.

I just cant believe people sometimes. You spend an hour and a half explaining exactly what has to be done to the tanks and they say they understand. BUT THEY DONT!!!!

NEVER AGAIN WILL I TRUST SOMEONE ELSE TO WATCH MY TANKS FOR ME. EVER!!!

r3d

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 5, 2008
[|x_O|]
lol i would never trust my grandmother to take care of my fish

freshwaterfishing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I remember when i was younger my family and i went on vaca. My dad had asked my uncle if he could keep an i on my guppy tank. (it was my prize possion back then) and when we came back everything was dead. He didnt feed them or anything. I was sooooo upset! Now i have learned from that lesson way back when that now i have an atomatic feeder:)

Arachnar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Boise,Idaho
Why didn't she fill the tank, change the water? Did you not talk to her during the whole thirty days, no phone calls to check up on the fish?

wckdkl0wn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
thats the thing I was in contact with her while I was gone and she said everything was going fine and she was doing like i showed her. Apparently she wasnt.

she never changed the water in the betta tank like I instructed her to do every 2 days max. she over fed all the fish. the betta tank had a half inch layer of old rotting food in the bottom of the tank. the tank that my rosy barb babies are in there is so much gunk in the bottom from over feeding.

I never though it would turn out like it did. I walked her step by step through everything. water changes, top offs, feeding, vac, and ever down to scrubbing algae from the glass.

she didnt even take care of our dog. we have a white dog and we got back and the dogs fur was like a grey and it was all matted and just looked horrible. walked in the door and was like omfg. gave the dog a bath and cleaned my tanks first. even before unpacking the car. yard was 2 ft high. just got done mowing that. she was suppose to cut it every week for us. she only cut it once she said.

trust just isnt there anymore... if your not going to do what you said you would do then say so and i would of found someone else.

drgnfly829

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
maryland
I mean your grandma was going to mow the lawn?
:ROFL:
jeez I felt bad conning my dad into doing mine once and i was even around to recussitate him

instantthc

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2008
Pa
I MADE THE MISTAKE OF ALLOWING MY GMOTHER TO WATCH MY FISH ALSO. I HAD A 29GL HIGH WITH 1 LARGE BLUE GILL AND ONE LARGE CATFISH. WHEN WE GOT HOME WE THOUGHT A PERSON DIED IN OUR HOUSE. SHE DOSEN'T SMOKE SO IDK HOW SHE DIDN'T SMELL IT. I THINK 3 FISH IN OTHER TANKS ALSO DIED BUT COME ON

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store