New 125g progression thread

jay_leask

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2007
canada
Kanta;5036221; said:
The Water is still cloudy sure to the sand. Should clear up over night.
yeah mine cleared up over night. i think it looks way better.

fishmamma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Yo, Kanta!! What brand is your silica sand? I like how light it is, only problem is that you can see all the poop really well... Looks great btw!

Kanta

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2009
Omaha
Thanks Guys. Erica it's Granusil silica sand, $5 for 50 lbs at my local hardware store. Cheap and effective.

Jon I would paint it but I dont want to tear it down. When I mover I am going to paint all my tanks for sure.

Sorry for the double post of the picture. Here's the other one I meant to post. God I hate those gaudy filler plants and that mopani wood.

Kanta

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2009
Omaha
Well I couldn't stand that holey rock in there either. So I took it out and put a different piece of wood. I was going to get my second fluval 404 but the guy backed out. So I'm stuck with 2 emperor 400s a fluval 404 and a sponge filter. One of my clown loaches got eaten so I'm down to 8 now which sucks because it was my favorite one. I traded off my red severums so they are gone now too. Stocking atm is 1 jag, 1 gt, 1 sveni pike, 1 belly crawler pike, 8 clown loaches and 2 bn plecos. I can't wait till my festae get bigger.

Here's 2 pics without the rock just driftwood. I went rock hunting today and found some neat pieces I might add in later. I dont know yet.

Jon M

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
Port Saint John, FL
It's already up against a wall? Damn... Yeah, when you move it. :D

I feel your pain though. I want to spend some serious t.l.c. time on sanding and buffing my acrylic tank but I certainly do not have the motivation to break the whole tank down and move all the fish.

spirofucci

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Harlingen, Texas
Nice tank dude! Waiting to see the wood in there!

Kanta

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2009
Omaha
Ok it's been awhile since an update. Tomorrow I am going to pick up a black background so that will make it look much better. And I just ordered a really nice piece of manzanita from manzman. Should be here in a week and some odd days. Will post pics when I recieve that.

Ajno

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2008
Tri Cities WA
Nice tank! One fx5 would have been sufficient.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store