Oct 20, 2008
Oregon
Good good!

Fry

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
New York
Unless you upgrade your lighting big time you won't be able to keep any corals. Might as well go with fish only or fish only with live rock.

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
eh....
you'd either need a fuge
like 60 pounds of live rock
or find one that eats frozen foods..

RedDevilDon2005

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2006
Lawrenceburg, In
www.myspace.com
heres what im thinkin so far

green mandarin
yellowhead or dusky jawfish
watchmans goby
scooter blenny
some sort of cleaner shrimp(s)
some sort of star fish possibly.

just some ideas, what do you guys think will work?

Nanoreefer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
Virginia
Mandarin fish of any species aren't really suitable for a community tank.It would be hard to feed them,as they require livefoods,and I've yet to hear of one who will take frozen.Plus the tank should be established so that copepods have grown on the rocks.However,I've yet to try manadarin fish.

Reefscape

All Gr8KarmaSF's fault....
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2007
Staffordshire UK
RedDevilDon2005;2354243; said:
heres what im thinkin so far

green mandarin
yellowhead or dusky jawfish
watchmans goby
scooter blenny
some sort of cleaner shrimp(s)
some sort of star fish possibly.

just some ideas, what do you guys think will work?
I would not house a mandarin in this size of tank, too small as i dont feel you would have enough live rock to get fully established with copepods..Scooter Blenny is NOT a blenny, is a dragonete and should be treated the same as the mandarin...so, a no no in my eyes..

Jawfish - Tank not suitable..would need 4 - 6 inches of mixed coarse and fine substrate for this fish to burrow safely.

No issues with the cleaner shrimp or watchman goby...

Starfish - No, unless you get a brittle star...which would still quite possibly need target feeding...If you chose brittle, saty away from the green star, very predatcious...

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
mandarians are not the best idea right now. Many say there fine in that small of a tank, but the more breeding ground for pods, the better, IE larger tanks, fuges and a lot of LR and macro algaes. Macro algaes in sumps provide massive breeding grounds for amphipods and copepods and other micro crustaceans, and is deffinantly going to be needed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store