New 360 build..........stand first

hotsauce

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2008
san diego
So now ive ordered a 1"sheet of plywood for the top. Unfortunately, its a little longer than 8' so i had to buy 12' sheet. Also 3/4" plywood for inside deck.

Sent from my DROID X2 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

hotsauce

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2008
san diego
So i sanded down any unlevel areas, so i can put a very level 1" plywood top. Also hit the face and bottom. I want my face frame straight as possible. And im putting a 1.5" base on each supporting leg, since this one will be on carpet. I do water damage and mold work, so that added space will allow air movement to deter any unseen damage from taking place.
uploadfromtaptalk1341784770059.jpguploadfromtaptalk1341784804649.jpguploadfromtaptalk1341784920842.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1341784947623.jpg

hotsauce

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2008
san diego
I actually had a little help this past week. I was really busy and my cabinet guys want this huge stand out of their shop! Lol. So my buddy David slapped my face frame together, on the KREG table and hit the joints with the KREG jig. im using alder hardwood for the faces

uglygun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2011
Kern Co
Jealous of the shop space, the tools, and the ability to keep everything clean with no major dust issues.

I usually pick off one project a year around the house that allows me to buy a new tool that I didn't previously have. Unfortunately I don't have room in the garage for a table saw, table router, or a lathe/mill. Maybe one of these days I'll have the money to put in a shop at the back end of my property where I can have maybe a 20x20 or 20x30 work area.

My parents used to have a photography studio with an included picture frame shop. Making custom framing was a piece of cake with some of the custom tools we had, especially the custom wood cutter that automatically made perfect 45 degree cuts out of GIANT molding up to about 3.5 to 4 inches thick. The blades on that thing were no joke.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store