New 50 gal saltwater tank

Luxauterna

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2010
Wisconsin
I've done some more research and have decided against an angler fish. As cool as they are, it'd be pretty boring I imagine. A lionfish is still an option. I would like to have more than one fish, some activity, and they'd have to be able to coexist in a 50 gal.

Any ideas!? :)

Luxauterna

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2010
Wisconsin
I would love to upgrade, but im a lil nervous about maintaining the parameters of that much saltwater with the specific gravity and what not. So i wouldnt be able to do it for a while, since my next big upgrade is my 75 fresh to a 150 fresh. Also, its been decided by myself and my girlfriend that corals are a must.. soo hmmm . but i definitely want an active and interesting tank with the corals, any chance i could have a octopus with corals?

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Luxauterna;4310496; said:
I would love to upgrade, but im a lil nervous about maintaining the parameters of that much saltwater with the specific gravity and what not. So i wouldnt be able to do it for a while, since my next big upgrade is my 75 fresh to a 150 fresh. Also, its been decided by myself and my girlfriend that corals are a must.. soo hmmm . but i definitely want an active and interesting tank with the corals, any chance i could have a octopus with corals?
I dont think the Octo would eat the corals as much as it would knock them all over, so I say its not so reef friendly.

If you are going reef, you limit your predator choices. In some cases its because they will haphazardly knock stuff over, and in other cases they will nibble on them.

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
TheCanuck;4311556; said:
Get some tangs man. My one tang beats the crap out of my whole tank! They are reef safe too
Hmm... thats discouraging:(. I was thinking about getting a powder blue tang because I thought tangs were relatively docile. Do you think I would be asking for trouble? I have inverts and two false percula clowns.

Luxauterna

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2010
Wisconsin
I think what im going to do, is turn it into a reef tank, (girlfriend wants a lot of coral), so what im thinking is doing some (hopefully reef safe) oddball fish.. any ideas for a mix of strange marine fish that can go together, be reef safe, and stay in a 50? lol i know, i ask a lot of you guys

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store