New 55gal tank

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
yes ,, just dab a little on the end of the shaft the magnet goes in ,,,,,,,,,,,,, once you have fish in the tank , be careful not to get the vasoline anywhere it can get in the tank(petroleum product)... for now it won't matter if a little dab gets in the tank....:)

IceMan198753

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2013
Kansas City, MO
yes ,, just dab a little on the end of the shaft the magnet goes in ,,,,,,,,,,,,, once you have fish in the tank , be careful not to get the vasoline anywhere it can get in the tank(petroleum product)... for now it won't matter if a little dab gets in the tank....:)
Thanks, I will to that tonight!!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

IceMan198753

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2013
Kansas City, MO
They are much more quite!! I will be making new covers out of 1/8 inch rubber mat due to the hard plastic lids loud vibrating!! And it is black rubber so it will go with my hood and light!!! I will try to post pics tomorrow!!!

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
I run mine without the lids ..they are mostly silent, they are all real old and rickety,but holding up well. the rubber tops sound like a good idea :popcorn: that loud vibrating is always an on , and off problem mine used to go weeks without doing it then they wouldn't stop for a day or two, so I finally just left them off

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
they are new filters ? correct? probably just need some break in time ,,,ac70's are pretty quiet ,, prob . not gonna be dead silent like an empty room,, but not noticeable under normal circumstance ,,,I HAVE HEARD OF AC'S NEEDING BREAK IN TIME ,, but I never bought an ac70 new(4 used filters),,, the 2 ac110's I bought took a little time to go silent, one actually started grinding the first day I had it, due to not being "SEATED" properly...I just pulled the motor (pain in the butt) and then pulled the impeller and rinsed it , then re-installed it,, you might try just pulling the impellers and doing the vasoline thing again, eventually new filters will quiet down as the muck from the tank builds up on them and "lubricates "them...

IceMan198753

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2013
Kansas City, MO
they are new filters ? correct? probably just need some break in time ,,,ac70's are pretty quiet ,, prob . not gonna be dead silent like an empty room,, but not noticeable under normal circumstance ,,,I HAVE HEARD OF AC'S NEEDING BREAK IN TIME ,, but I never bought an ac70 new(4 used filters),,, the 2 ac110's I bought took a little time to go silent, one actually started grinding the first day I had it, due to not being "SEATED" properly...I just pulled the motor (pain in the butt) and then pulled the impeller and rinsed it , then re-installed it,, you might try just pulling the impellers and doing the vasoline thing again, eventually new filters will quiet down as the muck from the tank builds up on them and "lubricates "them...
Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store