the only thing wrong with that is by 4 bulb i mean 4x 48'' bulb
that fixture is the same as a 2x 48'' bulb

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
yeah i'll have to look aorund.. i do think i'll end up with T5's

still VERY open to stocking suggestions..

seriously.. throw anything at me

Googz

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
Home
A showpiece angel would be cool, like annularis or majestic. I would not add one for a while, maybe even a year to be sure of water quality.

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
i would not be able to upgrade tank size so most angels are out

i was thinking of like a wantenabe's or bellus angel though those are definately ''up there'' for me

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
in chicago theres gotta be a store around that could order lights that you were interested in.

I think you should invest in a couple of picasso clownfish (fancy nemo, not trigger) and like a green carpet nem. That would be nice looking. Around that you could get a school of say 5 pacific blue chormis' and some other filler fish like random gobies or wrasses. And get one centerpiece fish, yellow tang for example, or one of those angels you like.

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
sweeTang21;2257457; said:
in chicago theres gotta be a store around that could order lights that you were interested in.
yeah but at crazy prices IDK why but chi-town i way overpriced

sweeTang21;2257457; said:
I think you should invest in a couple of picasso clownfish (fancy nemo, not trigger) and like a green carpet nem. That would be nice looking. Around that you could get a school of say 5 pacific blue chormis' and some other filler fish like random gobies or wrasses. And get one centerpiece fish, yellow tang for example, or one of those angels you like.
i'd like to stay away from clowns no matter how oddballed up
it's the centerpeice fish and the random fish i'm stuck on

i'd really like a lyretail hogfish (people tell me they are reef-safe) or one of the genicanthus angels but don't think i should get both
jawfish are a FOR SURE 2-3
thinking a school of either blue gudeons, firefish, or scissortail gobies, or a nice unusual chromis
a 2 bar rabbitfish?

ANY suggestions?

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
serafino;2260103; said:
Hmmm.... well if the oscar pulls through you could always sell him or give him away.
BIGgourami;2248119; said:
well... the oscar's gone :( said a little prayer and got him a plot in the yard
im going to miss that sweet azz fish:(

yeah....................

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
ive seen hogfish in reefs before. Im not sure im a fan becuase of the limits of other fish you can have.

why no clowns?? i know there probably the most common fish in any salt tank, but picasso lol, c'mon nothing like 100 dollar clown.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store