NEW addition!

ankitfishiefan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2014
India
Picked up this absolute beaut about 2 days back. It’s approximately 1.8-2 inches and is already quite feisty. I’d love to hear from the cichlid and FH experts on this forum,

1. Any guesses on the gender of this fish?
2. Type and grade of fish? One of my buddies tells me this is a Red Dragon

I’ve been feeding it a variety of foods: ground up cichlid pellets loaded with astaxanthine, thawed shrimp that has been boiled in water for about 10 minutes, freeze dried bloodworms, boiled de-shelled peas and another flake food.

I plan on eventually shifting to Hikari Gold as soon as it’s a bit bigger.

Water changes, about 35% twice a week and gravel vacuuming once a week. It’s currently in a fully cycled 40G (QT tank) and I plan on shifting it to my fully cycled 90G which houses BPs that I will eventually rehome to a larger aquarium.

AR1

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
kingdom of saudi arabia, riyadth
Picked up this absolute beaut about 2 days back. It’s approximately 1.8-2 inches and is already quite feisty. I’d love to hear from the cichlid and FH experts on this forum,

1. Any guesses on the gender of this fish?
2. Type and grade of fish? One of my buddies tells me this is a Red Dragon

I’ve been feeding it a variety of foods: ground up cichlid pellets loaded with astaxanthine, thawed shrimp that has been boiled in water for about 10 minutes, freeze dried bloodworms, boiled de-shelled peas and another flake food.

I plan on eventually shifting to Hikari Gold as soon as it’s a bit bigger.

Water changes, about 35% twice a week and gravel vacuuming once a week. It’s currently in a fully cycled 40G (QT tank) and I plan on shifting it to my fully cycled 90G which houses BPs that I will eventually rehome to a larger aquarium.

a gorgeous specimen

Bearsjfk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2019
The coloration on your fish is amazing. I think it’s some type of Flowerhorn. I can’t tell by the pic for sure, but I’m a little concerned about the bump or fat gut your fish has. Maybe it’s just eating good but I’m a little worried it has an intestinal issue. I would stop feeding and Observe your fish’s waste to confirm it is pooping and confirm the poop is not white and stringy. If it is check out the fish disease page on this website, it has great advice.

ankitfishiefan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2014
India
The coloration on your fish is amazing. I think it’s some type of Flowerhorn. I can’t tell by the pic for sure, but I’m a little concerned about the bump or fat gut your fish has. Maybe it’s just eating good but I’m a little worried it has an intestinal issue. I would stop feeding and Observe your fish’s waste to confirm it is pooping and confirm the poop is not white and stringy. If it is check out the fish disease page on this website, it has great advice.
Thank you. The fish had just eaten a lot of pellets and some shrimp before I took this picture. It is eating well, no stringy poop, the poop actually looks like the pellet food I feed and same colour too.

I will be maintaining once a week fast day to observe what you have pointed out and I will also have a look at the disease page on MFK.

Thanks again!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store