New additions: Etroplus canarensis

the_deeb

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
NYC
Finally managed to acquire one of my bucket-list fish: Etroplus canarensis. It’s a pretty rare cichlid endemic to south Karnataka in India, where it is unfortunately endangered in its natural habitat.

I first saw some in an LFS in Thailand in 2019 and have been looking for some ever since. I finally managed to purchase this great little group of 8 captive bred juveniles from The Wet Spot. They moved out of their quarantine tank and into the 150g today. I think they’re a great visual complement to the archers.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Finally managed to acquire one of my bucket-list fish: Etroplus canarensis. It’s a pretty rare cichlid endemic to south Karnataka in India, where it is unfortunately endangered in its natural habitat.

I first saw some in an LFS in Thailand in 2019 and have been looking for some ever since. I finally managed to purchase this great little group of 8 captive bred juveniles from The Wet Spot. They moved out of their quarantine tank and into the 150g today. I think they’re a great visual complement to the archers.

The paludarium is awesome!!!

Reactions: the_deeb
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store