New baby aro please inform me on stuff

baji

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2012
Chennai, India
3" silver is very sensitive, lots of mfkiens recommend no tankmates untill they reach 10", silver aro easily bullied by all the other fish even mollies nd tiger barbs at this stage... so seperate him nd change water regularly and feed him with enough nutritional food...

baji...

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
a 6" Bichir could easily kill a 2-3" aro even if he doesn't eat him it wouldn't take much for a fish that size to kill a skinny little aro. but if he's not the culprit I don't know what to tell you. when they died did they look injured/bitten or were they just belly up?

McPhish

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 7, 2014
MI
2 of them r 2" and the delhezi iv had for 2 years and its 6" it has never been aggressive tword anything not even food sized fish

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
what are your water parameters? the exact numbers please (temperature, ammonia, nitrates, etc.) the delhezi is sketchy, I remove the delhezi. diet? 4 arowanas in 4 months for no apparent reason is scary. BTW in 2 years that delhezi should be bigger than 6".

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
I no for a 100% fact the delhezi bothers no one not even the aro the endlis I just got they r only 2" and ill test my water tomorrow and give the exact perimeters of the water but I do no that 99% of the time the ph is 7 the nitrites r always 0 the ammonia is always between 0-0.25 and the nitrates stay between 10-40 and there was never any signs of injury not once

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
Also my delhezi is the most peaceful fish I have ever owned my girlfriend bought 6 neons and put in with him he never touched any them they lasted for bout a month with it until I got a oscar lol then they disappeared

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
could just be stress from the tankmates. as Baji said before I would try housing it alone until it gets some size

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
what are your water parameters? the exact numbers please (temperature, ammonia, nitrates, etc.) the delhezi is sketchy, I remove the delhezi. diet? 4 arowanas in 4 months for no apparent reason is scary. BTW in 2 years that delhezi should be bigger than 6".
Ok did the water test as soon as I woke up this morning my perimeters are approximately this
Temperature....78
Ph...7.0
Ammonia...0
Nitrites...0
Nitrates...5.0-10
Everything is perfect as it should be... Also have lots of live plants to help keep everything in check as well

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store