New baby black aro

mikehagan

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2011
Pittsburgh
Apple snails man. They actually are competing for the aro sticks. I only put the bichir in there because he's going in the 180 with 17 bichirs and he's gonna have to get used to it. I dont want him to try and jump out when I put him in the 180.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mikehagan

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2011
Pittsburgh
It never goes away fully, it just becomes thinner as it grows. Blacks have a more grey coloration when they are older from what Ive seen. I dont like how silvers look when they get over two feet. They look really chunky and get drop eye, whereas blacks stay slimmer and dont get drop eye. To me thats worth the extra 30 dollars I paid for it, even if they look very similar.

Im not sure how big this one is, but its at least 18". The colors never go away, just slim down a bit.
View attachment 1017812

Brev

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2009
Hong Kong
I had one like ten years ago. I fed mine meal worms, and seemed to me that meal worms promoted my aro's growth ~
Anyway, you've a gorgeous fish, can't wait to see the blue color developing on fins :D

xharold

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 16, 2014
Scarborough
HOw much did you get him for? Right now theres a couple near me for 90$ a pop around 2-3 inches. I'm scared of getting them that small, because I might not even make it to survive.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store