New catch bullhead :)

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
Yea i was on fishing trip. I'm thinking it's brown bullhead.
ID plz. They are very active and smiling all time :)
20150606_144935.jpg
20150606_151538.jpg
20150607_143849.jpg
20150607_143906.jpg
20150607_150017.jpg
It was catch in Europe.I hope they will grow more. Because here this species stay small.

Bad Wolf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
New Jersey
Nice fish! I kept one for a while in a 55. Cool fish. Had to feed with the lights off due to its nocturnal habits.

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
same with mine :) I feed them at night. They only eat chop up frozen fish. I don't know whay but they refuse all pellets. It's strange. In wild they bite bare hook but in aquarium they eat only 1 food.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
You've got a mix of Blacks and Yellows there. The blacks have black or brown mandibular barbels and the yellows have white ones.

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
tnx divemaster for ID my fish. I just have 1 question.
Those bullhead's always stay small here in Europe in my country. Around 6'' to 8''.
I'm thinking weather and not original territory stund them. Can i grow them in aquarium to max size ?
It's just amazing seeing max size pics on google.
Divemaster from your other post i know u know alot about fish.
I hope i can unstund them in my tropical aquarium.
What du you think ?

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
tnx divemaster for ID my fish. I just have 1 question.
Those bullhead's always stay small here in Europe in my country. Around 6'' to 8''.
I'm thinking weather and not original territory stund them. Can i grow them in aquarium to max size ?
It's just amazing seeing max size pics on google.
Divemaster from your other post i know u know alot about fish.
I hope i can unstund them in my tropical aquarium.
What du you think ?
I think it's possible as long as you keep water quality up (and believe me they're dirty fish!). Yellows average 10-12" in aquariums (mine is pushing 9" after one year, I got him at 3.5-4.0") and blacks around 8-12" depending on the collecting locale.

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
Tnx. water qualitiy and fish healt is always my number 1 thing.
Those fish eat alot. They started to eat when light's are on. I'm feeding 4-5 times per day. 2-3 chop up frozen fish. It's insane.
They must produce alot of nitrate. For first day they were afraid of strong led light. 200w led 220 gal tank.
Now week pass and they have already got used to. They very quickly become accustomed to the new environment.
To me it seems that this is a schooling fish. They always swim together. They are not aggressive.
Arowana once chased and bitte one. Just once in whole week. Now it seems everything is ok.
They are realy fun fish to keep. Big role is feeding time :)

Oh i almost forgot. They heal at extreme high rate. Just 3 days and hook wounds were gone. None of my fish heal that fast. Amazing

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Tnx. water qualitiy and fish healt is always my number 1 thing.
Those fish eat alot. They started to eat when light's are on. I'm feeding 4-5 times per day. 2-3 chop up frozen fish. It's insane.
They must produce alot of nitrate. For first day they were afraid of strong led light. 200w led 220 gal tank.
Now week pass and they have already got used to. They very quickly become accustomed to the new environment.
To me it seems that this is a schooling fish. They always swim together. They are not aggressive.
Arowana once chased and bitte one. Just once in whole week. Now it seems everything is ok.
They are realy fun fish to keep. Big role is feeding time :)

Oh i almost forgot. They heal at extreme high rate. Just 3 days and hook wounds were gone. None of my fish heal that fast. Amazing
Oh no need to feed bullhead 4 or 5 times a day! I feed my adult yellow once a day before lights out about 20-30 shrimp pellets and my juveniles twice a day get flake. The adult will occasional get a few frozen prawns or live nightcrawlers but neither of those are staples. I have noticed schooling behavior in juveniles but adults tend to be more solitary. Glad they are adapting well to aquarium life for you, how many total do yo have of each species?

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
I feed them as much as they wanted to eat. I have 9 for now. I didn't count how many have white barbels and how many have black. Future plans are 660 gal.
For now 220 gal is great home. But those fish will grow litle biger. I always change water every 3-4 days on all my aquarium's. Very active botom fish. I love natural color. I don't know whay they are not more popular in this hoby.
Fisherman here hate them because they eat carp boilies. They throw them live in bushes etc. Animal is animal. People here don't have respect for those species they only care about wels and carp.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store