New challenge?

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I'm no expert on RTC so forgive me if I'm wrong but do they actually hit 4' in aquaria? I know they do in the wild but most fish don't reach their wild max in aquaria.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
I'm no expert on RTC so forgive me if I'm wrong but do they actually hit 4' in aquaria? I know they do in the wild but most fish don't reach their wild max in aquaria.
Normally no, but thats because few RTCs go in a large enough pond or tank.
Arapaimag has 4' one, if i remember correctly. TLkmDN has a 4' one. Those are the only ones i remember the names on, but i'm pretty sure there are more people here that have 4' RTC's.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
seriously tho. just cause it can hit 4' doesn't mean you need a 16x8 tank for a little 6 incher. people are so ridiculous on here. always talking about max size, how often do they get to max size? and more importantly how long does it take? maybe people cant house a fish for life but they sure can care for and enjoy a fish for a few years and then re home it to someone that has a pond and doesn't want to wait 2 years to grow a fish out.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
seriously tho. just cause it can hit 4' doesn't mean you need a 16x8 tank for a little 6 incher. people are so ridiculous on here. always talking about max size, how often do they get to max size? and more importantly how long does it take? maybe people cant house a fish for life but they sure can care for and enjoy a fish for a few years and then re home it to someone that has a pond and doesn't want to wait 2 years to grow a fish out.
I just think that you should be sure that you can rid of it, or house it for life if you buy it.
RTC's rarely get to max size because people think like this.

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
100 gallon would be good for a year, year and half, then you need something longer and wider.

8 by 4 is a reasonable solution after the initial grow out, and most cost effective step up, rather than investing in a series of wide tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store