New dats for Jworth...

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
Weaksrt;3970164; said:
Well i wish i know how to tell the difference in the LFS Dats... They are calling them Tiger Dats for 25ish each
You can almost guarantee they're indo datnoids. They're called indo tiger dats. They're pretty much the only ones you're going to find in the lfs right now, should be between 1" and 2" in size, with plenty of yellow.

Price, I've been hearing anything from $15-25 each. I got mine for $20 each, which isn't too bad. If you don't see them around where you are very often, I guess it comes down to, do you buy them now, while they're available? Or do you wait to see if you can find them cheaper, and risk having to buy them online and have them shipped, which will probably cost more than $25 each... (unless you buy a bunch).

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
These two little guys are still looking good and eating great. The pikes are doing better as well. Dats aren't showing any sign of ich, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I'll see if I can get some new pics up tonight.

Weaksrt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2010
St. Louis MO
Conner;3970192; said:
You can almost guarantee they're indo datnoids. They're called indo tiger dats. They're pretty much the only ones you're going to find in the lfs right now, should be between 1" and 2" in size, with plenty of yellow.

Price, I've been hearing anything from $15-25 each. I got mine for $20 each, which isn't too bad. If you don't see them around where you are very often, I guess it comes down to, do you buy them now, while they're available? Or do you wait to see if you can find them cheaper, and risk having to buy them online and have them shipped, which will probably cost more than $25 each... (unless you buy a bunch).
Ok cool! Well the one store is selling them for 25ish and the other is selling them for 40 and are "dime" sized. Any chance they are different than the indo? I wish my phone took pics.

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
Weaksrt;3973390; said:
Ok cool! Well the one store is selling them for 25ish and the other is selling them for 40 and are "dime" sized. Any chance they are different than the indo? I wish my phone took pics.
Probably the same, and the second store is just looking for a higher profit margin. But if you could get pics and post them, that would help a lot with making sure.

These guys are still eating great, and are very active. I'm still fighting the ich on the pikes though. :irked:

Weaksrt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2010
St. Louis MO
Conner;3973441; said:
Probably the same, and the second store is just looking for a higher profit margin. But if you could get pics and post them, that would help a lot with making sure.

These guys are still eating great, and are very active. I'm still fighting the ich on the pikes though. :irked:
Ok ill try and find a way to get a pic of the Expensive ones and i may just pick up a couple dats for the 25 at the other LFS.

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
gangster;3974152; said:
get atleast 3...2 isnt good cause they'll fight more.
Well its a little late for that. I only picked up two. But they seem to be getting along fine together so far.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store