new flower ray help

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Sorry to hear. We have all made mistakes and I know you have learned alot. Twas such a beautiful flower with a nice long tail!

Take a few weeks to really read on ray husbandry then purchase that motoro! You can do it Im sure!

michael

Tri-State Fish Hoarder
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2005
Dirty Jersey
sorry to hear. Good luck in the future

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
highback;1617310; said:
i guess this week is my bad luck week. My very expensive aro got pop eye, lost 1 flag tail, 1 blood parrot, 1 pleco . Now 1 ray is on the way :irked::irked:.
I think should have do more research on flower ray before bought 1. Thanks for advice guys.
why did all the fish die ?

what are the water parameters/test results ?

death curl is from long exposure to bad water chances are that ray had death curl when you got it

buy putting the ray straight in the tank without dripping the only problem you have is PH shock which if its a massive change 8.0-6.0 then the most i have seen happen if the ray will lift up it front lip abit

everyones tank water should be much better than the water in the bag so putting the ray in the tank fast is a good thing i dont see the point in drip were the ray is kept in the bag longer than needed

when i get ANY new fish i put 2 cupfuls of water in the bag leave 10mins then let the fish free never had a problem

highback

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
my house
T1KARMANN;1624371; said:
why did all the fish die ?

what are the water parameters/test results ?

death curl is from long exposure to bad water chances are that ray had death curl when you got it

buy putting the ray straight in the tank without dripping the only problem you have is PH shock which if its a massive change 8.0-6.0 then the most i have seen happen if the ray will lift up it front lip abit

everyones tank water should be much better than the water in the bag so putting the ray in the tank fast is a good thing i dont see the point in drip were the ray is kept in the bag longer than needed

when i get ANY new fish i put 2 cupfuls of water in the bag leave 10mins then let the fish free never had a problem
All my other fish got kill because of my mean aro. it killed 1 flag tail, 1 8-10" pleco, 1 7" blood parrot. The final battle was with the wide bars. And now my aro got cloudy on 1 of the eye. And for the ray, i was put it in my other 125gal.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
what are the water parameters in the tank ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store