New Fx5

BushFishRox

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Mississauga, Ont Canada
Jgray152;1939764; said:
I absolutly hate the output that comes with the Fx5. Its really cuts down the flow if you have the nozzels at any degree other than straight.

I replaced it with a 1" CPVC 90* fitting and get incredible flow
http://midnightgray.net/images/filters/fluval-fx5/fx5newoutput.jpg

If your the type that likes to modify or tinker with things. Then you can make the Fx5 10 times better.
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146707&highlight=fx5+modification
you do know that the nozzle dosnt effect the flow at all, it only seem weak because it is divided in half...

so all your 90* elbow does is have it coming out in one direction rather then 2...

Jgray152

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2006
NH
you do know that the nozzle dosnt effect the flow at all, it only seem weak because it is divided in half...

so all your 90* elbow does is have it coming out in one direction rather then 2...
You havn't fooled with the Fx5 nozzel have you? If you point the two nozzels outward or inward, they way its desgined the inner diameter actually gets closed off 25%. This is why I said, "if you have the nozzels at any degree other than straight.
".

lostnight

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2006
Dayton, Ohio, USA
I just got my FX5 running on my new 150 last night. The tank has been up and running for 12 days. I have an AC110 on there with matured media, also 2 Fluval 4plus submersible filters, and a powerhead with a quickfilter. After I got the FX5 running I removed one of the Fluval 4plus filters, and I plan to remove the other one in about 4-6 weeks. They take up too much room IMO.

In my FX5 I put two boxes of Biomax in the lower compartment, 2 more boxes of Biomax in the middle compartment, and 1 box of Prefilter in the top one. Would I be better off replacing the Prefilter in the top one with Biomax also? I do use something similar to Biomax in the AC110. I just thought the Prefilter in the FX5 might cut down on the Biomax getting too clogged and dirty.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store