New girlfriend!

Matth05

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2022
New Jersey
Yeah definitely agree and some can't do basic math for time. For example my job requires time on vessels due to product expiring and causing micro holds. I would write 2:00 pm on a vessel. The vessel has to be changed out every 4 hours. We're not allowed phones on the floor so some can't add. That's very disturbing 😳
Some even get a attitude because they can't calculate without a phone.
This is elementary level math. I think we’re doomed lol.

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Since this has become a rant about how tech is taking over the world, I shall share some of my tech paranoia and rants:

Personally, I've heard so many rumors about other nations (*cough* looking at you, China) watching our every movement that I've put a cover on my computer camera when not in use. Siri also gives me jump scares when she asks, "SO YOU WANT TO GO TO WALMART?" during a conversation with friends. Usually, we barely mention Walmart, but she says, "OH, I HEARD WALMART, TIME TO JUMP SCARE MY OWNER!!!" It makes me think that Siri is legit listening to my every conversation, which is scary to think about.

And don't get me started with teens and tech; while yes, I use this website and yes, I use this computer, it's because I do school and fish-keeping research. Otherwise, I don't really spend hours on my phone or other tech. Hell, I don't even have video games. I prefer reading, collecting rocks and fossils, and jewelry making, among 100+ other hobbies. I'd much rather spend time with friends or interact with the real world. I also don't have social media; I hate it. I think it takes up way too much time, and I also think it has little benefit. Maybe some people would consider this forum to be social media, but at least there is actual knowledge being shared rather than just stupid s***. I've come to y'all with most of my fishkeeping problems, and I've learned at least half of my knowledge from here (a hearty thank you, by the way :) ).

While I don't believe in conspiracy theories about "AI taking over the world" and "robot armageddon," I do believe that tech will have a very prominent part in the foreseeable future whether we like it or not. We've already come so far; why not continue? Honestly, I don't consider tech to be all bad. As a matter of fact, I don't consider tech to be bad at all. I think it's the people behind the tech who are the problem rather than the actual tech itself. It's the way that people use them that gives tech a bad rap. People use the internet to do sick things; they use social media to tear other people down; it's just a fact of life, but I don't blame it on the tech.

Well, that went on a tangent, but there is my input lol.

Last edited:

Matth05

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2022
New Jersey
And don't get me started with teens and tech; while yes, I use this website and yes, I use this computer, it's because I do school and fish-keeping research. Otherwise, I don't really spend hours on my phone or other tech. Hell, I don't even have video games. I prefer reading, collecting rocks and fossils, and jewelry making, among 100+ other hobbies. I'd much rather spend time with friends or interact with the real world. I also don't have social media; I hate it. I think it takes up way too much time, and I also think it has little benefit. Maybe some people would consider this forum to be social media, but at least there is actual knowledge being shared rather than just stupid s***. I've come to y'all with most of my fishkeeping problems, and I've learned at least half of my knowledge from here (a hearty thank you, by the way :) ).
We happen to be somewhat similar on this topic. I do happen to have social media but have never posted a damn thing lol. Pretty much all of what I’ve put publicly on the internet has been on this very website. I’d say 95% of what I consume on social media is just cool car stuff. I don’t look at people’s stories or posts, nor do I really care to. If I want to know what someone’s been up to I’ll just talk to them. My life would be completely unaffected is social media went away tomorrow. I guess I’ll just never understand the desire to post every minute of your life online. If anything I’d argue that feeling the need to do so is unhealthy.

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
We happen to be somewhat similar on this topic. I do happen to have social media but have never posted a damn thing lol. Pretty much all of what I’ve put publicly on the internet has been on this very website. I’d say 95% of what I consume on social media is just cool car stuff. I don’t look at people’s stories or posts, nor do I really care to. If I want to know what someone’s been up to I’ll just talk to them. My life would be completely unaffected is social media went away tomorrow. I guess I’ll just never understand the desire to post every minute of your life online. If anything I’d argue that feeling the need to do so is unhealthy.
^^ Agreed

Reactions: Matth05

AR1

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
kingdom of saudi arabia, riyadth
count me in too, since i don't even have my own phone . i just use my mother's , when needed

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store