New healthy EbJd juvy

Endo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2011
So Cal
I do plan on moving him out once he reaches 3". I have a 240, 120, 100 and a 30. The 30 has all community fish in there but I do plan on getting rid of the community fish. Only reason I don't throw him in the 30 is because I have a small Dovii I am growing out. He's only a 1" right now but from what I read that small dovii will kill anything in that tank. So my dovii is in a breeder net atm.

So the lfs float that I am feeding him is to big? I've been feeding him those pellets for the past 2 months already. I do have some nls 1mm sinking pellets that I can feed him. Is that better? Just want this sucker to live long and would take advice from the experts that have grown out ebjd.

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Its good that he is living alone, just not in a 10g, could stunt his growth being the size he already is.
And yes IMO, 2mm is too large. You can see for yourself, if you see excess particles of the food coming out of his gills when he chews; means its too large. Go with the 1mm NLS

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

oriqua

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2010
Firey PHOENIX
Thank you I appreciate the kind words...this fish was out going and a good king....he would let 1 inched swim by without trying to eat

Sent from my VS870 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

blauaugigengel

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
Cleveland, OH
I recommend raising EBJDs with a small number of other non-aggressive fish. I raised 2 EBJD's with loaches and a BN pleco. One EB ended up killing the other, and then he was alone with his catfish. That is how he lives now at 3 yrs old.

P1070335.JPG

P1070334.JPG

P1070333.JPG

crxlsturbo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2013
Cental Coast,Ca
Its good that he is living alone, just not in a 10g, could stunt his growth being the size he already is.
And yes IMO, 2mm is too large. You can see for yourself, if you see excess particles of the food coming out of his gills when he chews; means its too large. Go with the 1mm NLS

Took your advice and started feeding him nls 1mm pellets. I might move him to my 30 gallon once I get rid of all my community fish(tiger barbs, killie, and some. Buenos Ares tetras). Maybe this weekend and switch my fry dovii to the 10 gallon. Thanks for the advice Endo. Hopefully this sucker grows out to look like yours. So far I like the color and finnage on him.

Endo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2011
So Cal
Took your advice and started feeding him nls 1mm pellets. I might move him to my 30 gallon once I get rid of all my community fish(tiger barbs, killie, and some. Buenos Ares tetras). Maybe this weekend and switch my fry dovii to the 10 gallon. Thanks for the advice Endo. Hopefully this sucker grows out to look like yours. So far I like the color and finnage on him.

No problem man, yea he looks like a healthy blue w/ no deformities.
Hopefully he will be stunner

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store