New LFS opened in Long Beach CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
My friend opened an LFS in Long Beach with his brothers.

They are mainly salt, but will soon be carrying other products as well.

If you're in town, check them out.

www.rrrfish.com

They don't have much stock-wise, but he told me they are interested in purchasing locally-bred stock. Salt or fresh.

He has a VIP program where you pay $50 anually, and he gets your fish and products for you at wholesale prices.

Just getting the word out for a friend trying to get a footprint in the hobby, thanks.

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
cool, buy some water conditioner or food if you need it lol

they had a rough start because of some set backs with the electrical in their building, but it's sorted out now.

I told him he needs freshwater!!!

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
50.00 for wholesale prices!! I guess MFK will be clients Lol
Lmk when I can go take him my 50.00. Will he charge me more if I mention your name Serg?? ;)

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
West1;4832310; said:
50.00 for wholesale prices!! I guess MFK will be clients Lol
Lmk when I can go take him my 50.00. Will he charge me more if I mention your name Serg?? ;)

haha i don't think so, i'm sticking my neck out for him!

a co-worker of mine paid his membership and has been taking trips with the owner to the saltwater wholesaler in LB.

I guess they get stuff cheap. I'm trying to find time on a monday to go to the freshwater wholesale with him to see what kind of prices we can get for us non-salties. :)

Somethingfishyinc.net

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
www.Somethingfishyinc.net
hmmm to me that sounds crazy unless he he has a renewal rate of maybe 100 memberships a month or more to cover overhead etc.. Is this the plan on to make a profit by selling things at cost & living on $50 membership?
Plus splitting the money among others?
just curious

me

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Somethingfishyinc.net;4832525; said:
hmmm to me that sounds crazy unless he he has a renewal rate of maybe 100 memberships a month or more to cover overhead etc.. Is this the plan on to make a profit by selling things at cost & living on $50 membership?
Plus splitting the money among others?
just curious

me
I've never tried to ask him to map out his business plan to me, because it's his business, but I'm sure he understands not everyone can take advantage of that sort of 'premium membership', it's simply there for those who like to buy in bulk, whether that's to setup a large display tank with a large number fish, or people with large collections that need to buy bulk to feed their animals, or just those looking to find the best price on their hardware (lighting, filters, aquariums, etc...).

Buying one 48" t5 fixture at the prices he explained to me, already covers the money spent on the membership, plus any future equipment purchased during that memebership period (1 year) would be worthwhile savings.

I thought he was crazy at first then I did the math and from a customers point of view, it could be worth it, especially if they are planning a new setup with all new equipment.

The best thing to do is contact Rotha and let him know what you're interested in, and he can give you numbers.

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Can your friend get me some rare bichirs?:naughty:

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
FishNCash;4832593; said:
Can your friend get me some rare bichirs?:naughty:
Welcome back lol

That's what I'm trying to find out, I hope to visit the FW wholesaler in February and I'll let you know what I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store